Busselton Motorfest 2015 Western Australia 29 November 2015 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM

Started by goldacre, 20 November 2015, 11:49 PM

goldacre

Here is another one! woohoo!! OK folks, could not resist so here we go again, different movie this time  ;D

Quote"Lounge room, s#it. I'm still only in my lounge room. Every time I think I'm going to wake up back in a classic car show. When I was home after my last classic car show, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing... I hardly said a word to my dog until I said yes to a walk. When I was at car shows I wanted to be home. When I was home, all I could think of was getting back into the car and driving to a classic car show. I've been here a while now. Waiting for a car show, tires getting softer. Every minute I stay in this lounge room I get weaker. And every minute BMW and rice burner owners squat in the bush getting stronger. Each time I look around the walls move in a little tighter. Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted another classic car show to go to, and for my sins  they gave me  one. Brought it up to me like room service via a Google search. "

http://www.busseltonmotorfest.com/

SHOW DAY is SUNDAY 29TH NOVEMBER Gates open to the GENERAL PUBLIC AT 9.30am and the event finishes as 2.30pm
A "CAR CRUISE" will again be held on Saturday, 28th November (the day before the Motorfest event) . Further details under Latest News

The Busselton MotorFest was first inspired by the long held dream of Ray Dowell of the Busselton Football Club. Ray had no problem finding local "motorheads" to help make the dream of having a local motor show come true! In 2006 the first event attracted about 150 exhibits, and by last years show this was up to more than 340 exhibits. The event continues to be specifically a FAMILY orientated outing that gives everyone the opportunity to show / view a wide range of motor types... be it stationary motors from a past era, vintage and modern vehicles, tractors, bikes, speedway & drag racing beasts, streetcars, or just the pure show of muscle power... (Ford & Holden rivalry is alive and well!). Car Clubs from all over the state also make a significant presence. The whole event is run purely on a volunteer basis as a fundraiser for nominated charity/cause/individual.

Check out TRADERS ALLEY and the popular Auto Jumble Sale. There will be a variety of children's activities including free colouring in. There will be a bouncy castle and a side show alley. As usual there will be some seriously delicious food and refreshments provided by local vendors....Yahava Mobile Expresso Van, Moody Cow Icecreams, Mr Kebab, The Ice Box, Vibelicious, Mckies Icecream Van, Footy Club Kiosk.

As per last year we will run a FREE BUS SERVICE between the event venue and the Busselton town centre (on an hourly basis).

While competition is not given priority at this event, local sponsors do provide trophies for a variety of categories.. some serious.. some not!

PLEASE NOTE... while we are a pretty laid back mob here you could well stress us out if you just show up on the day without nominating! NOMINATION IS ESSENTIAL as last year the oval was just about full to capacity. Please help us to make this day run smoothly for all.

Visit us on facebook. This event will proceed rain, hail or shine. No vehicles will be permitted to leave oval until the end of event at 2.30pm due to sponsorship and legal requirements.

Will need to nominate to attend if places still available available: http://www.busseltonmotorfest.com/view/nomination

now the cool bit, a car tour!...

THE CAR CRUISE ON SATURDAY 28TH NOVEMBER WILL BE HEADING OFF FOR A MEANDER TO NANNUP AND BACK THIS YEAR. THE CRUISE DEPARTS THE FOOTBALL GROUNDS ( MOTORFEST SITE) AT 11AM AND THERE WILL BE A SAUSAGE SIZZLE HELD ON A PRIVATE PROPERTY CLOSE TO NANNUP. THE CRUISE WILL FINISH UP AT THE BUSSELTON BEACHFRONT . THIS IS A GREAT CHANCE TO CATCH UP WITH OTHER MOTORING ENTHUSIASTS BEFORE THE MAIN EVENT ON THE SUNDAY. PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE FOOTBALL GROUNDS BY 10.30am SO YOU CAN BE GIVEN FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS RELATING TO THE DRIVE.

This works for me and that weekend is free so i will head on down  8) Fingers crossed the AC will be regassed and operational  :P

G
12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

goldacre

As it turned out this did not get attended, put in application and got no response, and was a bit warm and the AC needed a regas but my brother-in-law said it was awesome :) so will wait for the 2016 event

G
12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)