News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Browsing from mobile phone

Started by s class, 30 May 2008, 03:59 AM

s class

This is super - im reading this forum on my phone to help pass time in a boring meeting. The site is very phone friendly. Typing is slow though

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Big_Richard

s class

Its an ordinary Sony Ericsson K700.  Screen size is average by today's standards. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

oscar

I've only done it once on the way to Melbourne because I needed to send a PM.  It was fast reading it in simple text then it asked me if i wanted to switch to HTML, which I said OK.  It was a bit laborious scrolling round the screen, I wanted to plug in a monitor but everything was there.  I got a Nokia N95 BTW which has a decent screen but not sure how it compares to others.

The only problem with that one incident of ORG dose whilst in transit is that I'm not on any fancy extras plan for web use so I got charged 15-20 dollars for that little browse :-[  Oh yeah, I should say I looked up more than my PM's, I did look at all the unread threads, viewed pics etc and was on for an hour or so ::)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Markz116

Oscar.. You have a Nokia N95?

Argh.

My dream phone. I've been wanting one for the past YEAR!

I'm a huge mobile phone fan, but moreover, an even bigger Nokia fan. I've had a 6101, 1110, and now my current 6126.

I want an N95 so badly but just don't have the money :(

oscar

I didn't exactly pay for mine upfront.  Don't know how everywhere else does it but the majority of people I know have never bought a phone upfront.  Actually, I can't think of anyone.  Always paid it off over a two year period or so that the telco sets in a contract.

Markz116

Is your N95 unlocked or is it locked to your service provider? Oh and do you know if it's an N95-1/3 or N95-2/4 8GB? :)

If it's locked then that might explain the availability of a sort of lease-like way to pay for the phone, over time.

For unlocked, and even locked N95s here in the States, you pay for everything upfront.. Or at least so I've seen. I have yet to find a place that will let me pay over time.

oscar

Not sure which type. It's got a 5mp camera if that helps, not sure of the built in mem and I've had it for about 8months.  Pretty sure it's locked to the one carrier.  Once it's paid off I'm allowed to switch carriers.  A few years ago if you switched carriers you had to get a new number but now you can migrate with the same number. 

Despite being locked, the N95 is available thru the other telco's aswell under similar conditions.  Unlike the iPhone.  When it comes to Aus, it'll be available thru only one carrier.

Big_Richard

oscar

I was listening to the radio last week and they were saying that Optus had signed a contract or done a deal with Apple to be the sole telco to support it in Aus and you'd have to buy one through Optus.  But it was limited by a certain period of time.  Eventually Telstra and Vodafone and others would be given licence to support it later on.  But where would you get one in Aus apart from OS on ebay?

Markz116

Hm. If it has a shutter lens on the camera then it's an N95-1. If it's a black 8GB, it's either an N95-2 or N95-4. Silver ones without shutters are N95-3 but that's the North American Edition so nevermind lol. Of course you live in Australia and I don't know if they market the Chinese N95s (N95-5/6) there, which are basically the same but don't have 3G.

I heard about the new iPhone. A friend of mine who works at an Apple store here in the States said there was one that got shipped to the store for them to try. I don't see how that's possible unless it was a rough model that wasn't complete but unfortunately he didn't get a chance to try it out.

Did anyone hear about Bill Gates's stepping down from his day-to-day job at Microsoft?

kolin

well the news is for those that may be interrested, nokia will be releasing a similar phone to the apple iPhone. later this year.
my wife does translations for nokia so we get the latest stuff know how before its released.