News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

Bit quiet here these days...

Started by flutes, 27 September 2010, 07:20 PM

flutes

Seasonal?  Everyone busy on other things?  Travel?
Matt
1977 450SEL

Mforcer

Seasonal. For most of our members it is either warming up or cooling down and either the first or the last opportunities to get outside.

I'll be tackling a project hopefully this weekend to solve a long running leak which I have been planning for the last 5 years! My supply of super soaking sponges is running out ::)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

koan

Quote from: flutes on 27 September 2010, 07:20 PM

It is seasonal, have a look at the stats link on the home page. September is always the quietest month, no idea why.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

WGB

Travel, spring garden maintenance, other interests.

It will all settle down in the next month and then back to the important things of life like 116's.

Bill

TJ 450

I've always got time for the Org.

However, I don't plan to do any major 116 work until I've got my W201 project complete. I'm also assisting with some house and garden maintenance that was long overdue. 8)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

oscar

Quote from: flutes on 27 September 2010, 07:20 PM

Nup.  After 6 years approximately, there's just the case of sclass' current brake mystery and then we've pretty much covered everything W116.  I say we sell up and start w126.org :D

Must be seasonal, though personally I've been a bit blah about doing much w116 stuff.   With a mounting to-do list I just downed tools and walked away for a break, to do other things I have to or want to do.  I've talked about getting a rider's licence for 20yrs since I was old enough to get one, so I finally got my "Ls" a few weeks back and bought a Kawasaki KLX250S a week ago.  8) 
But anytime I get on here I'll be in the middle of doing something else or at work and can't keep up, can't seem to get on top of the unread threads let alone post much.   I rarely get past Mechanicals these days unless a thread title like this catches my eye.  So for me, with so many threads to catch up on, I don't mind if it's dropped off a bit, but it will pick up again.  Just wait till our first 40 degree day when I plus others in the southern hemisphere start cursing our poor performing leaking a/c systems.    ;D
1973 350SE, my first & fave

flutes

So Tim if you're not planning on doing any more w116 work for a while does that mean that MT's project comes to a standstill as well??
Matt
1977 450SEL

Big_Richard

haha, that makes it sound like im some sort of lazy bastard that makes TJ do all his dirty work...

Well, you wouldn't be far from the truth there ;)

I'm  not doing any dirty work at the mo, im getting my new leather professionally installed by an auto trimmer, I've been informed that one seat is ready to be picked up. They appear to be very busy so its probably going to take a couple months all up to get it all done.

flutes

Will be great to have that done MT.  Having my driver's seat out and in full sunlight on the weekend really made it obvious how scrappy the leather is.  Maybe next year...
Matt
1977 450SEL

thysonsacclaim

We're just getting in to good weather here in Florida, so that means more time outside to do hard labor. Also, I'm sure there are more than a few 116 people who are students. I don't know how the semesters work outside the US, but here the semester is about 1/4 in, which means we have just taken or are getting ready to take our first exams.

QuoteI've talked about getting a rider's licence for 20yrs since I was old enough to get one, so I finally got my "Ls" a few weeks back and bought a Kawasaki KLX250S a week ago.

Sounds like a sweet ride! I don't know a fat lot about bikes, although I probably should. Apart from NASCAR (bleh), bikes are very popular around here (I live about 15 minutes from Daytona Beach).

In fact... I think the biking 'holidays' are just going to start here shortly, beginning with Biketoberfest, Bike Week, and all those other touristy things.

By the way, how cold does it actually get down yonder? I know the seasons are opposite, but usually what you see on TV here looks like your summer.

In FL, its usually in the 90s with a humidity level of 70-90%. The winter is generally very tame. We are lucky to hit 32 F (0 C). It is a very good time to spend on big outdoor projects. During the summer, it is okay... but with the humidity level so high, you can't sweat the heat away. Well, actually, you sweat but it just doesnt evaporate... so you dont really cool down. Opening the windows on a hot day is like letting a tide rush in. Im sure its probably similar in your coastal areas.

Martin 280s

In my W116 world all is well. However, in the world of the W124 I'm quite busy, in the recent storm s the wiper decided to stop working so that is being sorted out, the car also needs a full service as she hasn't been to the 'doctor' for almost a year. My new 'toy' a 1988 BMW K100RS is also taking up a lot of my time :).

oscar

Quote from: Martin 280s on 30 September 2010, 05:47 AM
My new 'toy' a 1988 BMW K100RS is also taking up a lot of my time :).

Awsome, congrats Martin! Can't wait to progress to a full licence and get a cruising bike or enduro, something classic. 
1973 350SE, my first & fave

benzjarr

Yaun oh winters over just coming out of hibernation