News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Besides cars what do other people fix?

Started by koan, 26 March 2009, 11:25 PM

thysonsacclaim

Sorry to bring up a dying thread, but I didn't see this one until now.

I mostly work on computers, electronics, cell phones, networks, websites, Ipods, and with software. That includes programming / building / maintaining / servicing (when I have time). I find I save a lot of money doing these things on my own. I never really buy a new computer... it just seems to evolve over time. I try to get things which will both work with what is already inside and which will also offer whatever newer technology is available. Sometimes a bit tricky.

I enjoy gardening, too. I took 4 years of agriculture and horticulture in high school. Although, last year sucked. We got so much rain, my watermelons exploded and my corn rotted from mold.  :o

I know a little about a lot. If it is broken and I think I can fix it, I will, to the best of my ability, find out how. So, I guess it is mostly out of necessity that I learn things. I guess it's pretty diverse, but electronics are definitely my forte.

And I think I saw someone post about a TRS computer. A TRS-80 was my first frankenmachine.  ;)

SELfor50

I fix rugby league matches.

Hi, I'm 29 years old, my name is Ryan Tandy -and I fix Rugby League matches that I play in.

Hahah... A few people might get a laugh out of that.  :D :D :D

vlv8vic

I fix houses.  I also fix disobedient children.
I'll have a crack at fixing most things before I pay someone to do it, not entirely because I'm a tightarse but mostly because I like to learn new things all the time.  I can't be idle - it's not in my nature.

Tony66_au

I used to fix computer systems for mid to large sized companies, I wasn't so much hands on and my job was best described as a Babysitter for "Gifted" adults who did all the work.

Most of you probably would believe the actual work i had to do to keep my Company running but some day it will make for a bloody funny book.

Prior to that I worked in related industries (Information Tech) but Ive been far more diverse than that including serving Summons/Court Orders, private Eye work (Enquiry agent), Hospitality (Kitchen/Cook/Kitchen hand/Dishwasher), Tourism Coach driver/Host, Comms Tech, and for a fair while on and off Driven trucks local and interstate. Add to that many years of part time Limo driving and Cab driving and its been an interesting life so far.

And now Im a Grazier breeding Sheep.........

Tony66_au

Oh and my First computer was a Sinclair ZX80, then a Dick Smith Cat200? then an Amiga, Commodore 64.
There were so many at one stage I kinda forget but there were a few Macs in there as well