News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Badge Order

Started by Mforcer, 12 March 2007, 05:37 PM

PM sent, I'm down for 3.  I can't believe I haven't been on the forum in over a month...work got crazy, it startled me this morning when I realized I'd been away that long and might have missed the badges!

Mforcer

It seems the two lovely ladies have not been enough help to sell more badges. We are still under the minimum order size. Remember, people, that this will be a high quality badge that you will be proud to show on your cars! Keep those orders coming!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

gregdeklerk

How far are we under the minimum order?

Mforcer

We need another 10 orders.

Just as an idea... would people be willing to pay an extra $5 for the badge. In the short term, this would provide enough for the minimum order. In the longer term, this could be used to provide more resources to this site (more online manuals?) or alternatively to a charity (carbon offsets?).

We may even be able to put together a 'supporter package' which will include the badge and a few other little benefits....
Michael
2006 B200

gregdeklerk

I would be happy with that.

Des

I will buy a 2nd badge to help out.

Brian Crump

I have sent a pm asking for 2. If the price goes up to make it happen, then that's OK too. The badges will be unique and are not expensive. I think nothing of filling the tank at $AUD130 (or so) and going for a drive so the cost of a badge is not signicant in the longer term. Just think how you will stand out at yr local MB Councours with a super-duper-you beaut 116 badge!!!! Go for it!!!
In fact, if it helps I'll take 3 and put one on the English limo (can't mention the brand  ;D).
BC

gregdeklerk

Quote from: Brian Crump on 05 April 2007, 01:37 AM
In fact, if it helps I'll take 3 and put one on the English limo (can't mention the brand  ;D).
BC

I think it is an excellent idea to double up on the number of badges we take. BC a grill badge on the English Limo would give it a good dose of classic German culture, but you have to deal with the fact that you might have Charles Rolls and Henry Royce turning in their graves!! ;D

oscar

If people are willing to take on an extra badge or two, that would be great!!! You could always sell it off for people wanting one in the future.  I think from looking at the count by posts above, there's only another 6-7 to go maybe.  Had I been a bit more financial, I would've bought the extra 10 or so.  Going from what Brian says, that's just two tanks of fuel. 

Even the whole 40 upfront which would eventually sell off, would be around the $1200AUD mark and wouldn't have been out of the question a little while back but I've spent that money since on bits and pieces and crap I don't need. :-\ I'm hopeless with money.

I've been a bit busy at work and haven't followed the prospect up yet.  For the moment, I'll see how the pledges go.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Martin 280s

You could put me down for 2 :)

macatron

Mforcer, I pm'd you.  Change my order from 1 to 2 badges. 

James R

I'll take 2 (can't remember if I offered already).

James
1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!

gregdeklerk

How many are we at now?

Mforcer

Sorry... I'll get back to everyone by tomorrow. I have had a few other things taking my time :(
Michael
2006 B200

Mforcer

I have updated the first post of this thread with details of everyones orders. At present we have orders for 30 which is enough for me to get production underway :) :) :)

I will PM everyone with payment details and ask that a deposit of 50% be paid.

For anyone selling their car that has also ordered a badge (Hi Des!), you must buy an extra badge for the new owner!
Michael
2006 B200