News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Anyone going to Bendigo Swap... meet in Melbourne?

Started by craigb, 13 November 2007, 06:37 AM

craigb

I'm heading to Bendigo Swap on Saturday. Not really the place to find that elusive Benz bit (although I did get a perfect headlight lense for my 170s for $5 once), and we are lucky generally have enough other sources of parts, but it is a massive gathering of old car and bike nuts so I fit in nicely! I have some old Brit bikes and that is mainly what I will be hunting for bits. Anyway, just thought I would mention it in case anyone wanted to catch up.

In the afternoon I will head to Melbourne to pick up a car. We finally found a replacement for our Peugeot 406 wagon that got written off in a rear ender back in July. We loved our old car that we ran on biodiesel and as much as I love my Benzes, there isn't a diesel wagon match with the same power and economy and affordable price..... or we would have bought one! So I don't know what time we will get in to Melbourne and the car is at Mt. Eliza, so we were thinking of maybe staying that side of Melbourne (Mordiallic? any suggestions?) so we can do an early pick up and make our way back. So theoretically I could possibly meet Sat evening or Sunday morning if there was any interest. I should be in my 116 with a bit of luck (still a few jobs to do).

Anyway, reply here or you can call me on 0421910935 if anyone is interested in catching up. And of course if anyone is passing through Keith anytime...

1980 280s