News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Adelaide meet 29/12

Started by craigb, 24 December 2007, 07:54 PM

craigb

A bit of 'unlicensed' cross pollination here, but something I read about on the Ozbenz forum and I would really like to go to myself and obviously would like to see as many other benzes as possible. David the organiser is a really nice bloke and would surely welcome the more the merrier. I'm sure most of you know John Green and a really interesting bloke to have a chat with and he will be there with wife and one of his kids. Dinner and a wrecking yard, how could any woman resist that! If I can get away from the farm (will be negotiating that today) I will be there in my 116 with wife and kids (although I am pretty sure they will bail out after the Duck Inn.

Craig B

PS The Duck inn is a great place to eat but not a huge place so probably need to book ahead or risk not getting a seat at a table. I think they do simple bar food though. Anyway, you can reply to me if you want to book, or contact David via Ozbenz or even go direct to the Duck Inn which you will find in the phone book. Table booked under David I think it said somewhere.

HELLO ALL!! PLEASE NOTE THE AMENDED TIME:

Hey folks, who wants to jump in their Mercedes and join us for Lunch and then a Cruise through Adelaide on Saturday 29th December?

Lunch will be at the Duck Inn, 393 Main Road Coromandel Valley from 12pm - I've booked a table of 8 so there are 4 spots left at the moment - please let me know if you want to join us for lunch and I can increase the booking if need be.

From there, we will travel to U-pull-it Lonsdale and depart on the cruise sometime between 2:30 and 3pm, winding our way down the coast through Brighton, Glenelg, Henley Beach and then finishing up at the carpark of BIG W at Cumberland Park. I've done this route before with the Mini Club and it was great for crusing! We should finish up sometime around 5-6pm depending on how long everyone stands around ogling everyone elses' cars. Any benz welcome, tell your friends (open to anyone, not just Ozbenzers). I'll probably have a sneak peek at the stock at the wreckers beforehand, so feel free to overall-up and join me too!!

Here again are the vitals
Who: Any Benz!!
What: Lunch at Duck Inn and then a Cruise from Lonsdale to Glenelg, Henley Beach and then Goodwood
When: Sat 29th December, Meet at the Duck Inn at 12pm for lunch, or meet at Upullit Lonsdale at 2:30 for the cruise.
Where: Lunch: Duck Inn, 393 Main Road Coromandel Valley. Cruise: Meet outside entrance to U-Pull-it self serve wreckers, Meyer Road Lonsdale (look for the Pastel Grey 300D)
Why: To finally meet all of you folks and admire these fantastic cars!!

Hope to see you there! I'll post details of the route in the next few days, people are welcome to join/leave the cruise at any time if Lonsdale is a bit far away etc!! For all you devoted SA members (especially Arkenstone, Hendrik, 4heckssake, Tony T etc etc) it would be great to finally meet you!!
1980 280s

craigb

Sorry I forgot to take pictures Michel. Actually it was so hot on the drive from Keith in the pagoda that I think a camera would have melted!

Anyway, more cross posting:

From David:

Well, it was VERY HOT - lunch was good, had about 10 or so people there. From there we went to Upullit where it was VERY VERY HOT!! As there ended up only being 3 cars in the convoy (I'm sure the heat and lack of advance notice probably kept the numbers down) we made an executive decision and headed down to the seacliff beach hotel for a few drinks on the balcony.

Official attendence figures:

- 190E (Hendrik)
- Craigs' Pagoda (left at the pub)
- W116 450 SEL 6.9 (Andreas)
- W116 450 SEL 6.9 (Bandolero joined us at Seacliff)
- W123 pastelgrey300D
- The 'Green Machine' Van

Thanks to all who attended! Despite the extreme weather it was great to finally meet some of you! Can't wait for the German club in the next months or so!

and from me:

Thanks heaps to David for organising this! I had a great day and well worth the drive from Keith. Should be more of it - getting together and talking Benz that is, not driving from Keith! The pagoda had a good run down even though after my last run (when the valve adjuster let go) I was listening pretty carefully. Like David said, it was very very hot and a balcony with beer overlooking the sea and the action on the beach was definitely the place to be. Also I reckon that gave us more chance to talk than if we had been in the cars (the main reason the pagoda was left at the pub having spent 3 hours in it by myself driving there I much preferred the idea of hopping in with Andreas and having a chat and listening to his noises - his car noise that is!) What was Mr. G's verdict Andreas? Thinking about it later, there was no noise at all when we started so something is changing when it gets warm and I don't think it is more likely to ping when warm so if it is pinging something is changing in the timing perhaps.

And sorry your dad didn't make it busted nut but there is always another day.

Anyway, thanks again David.
1980 280s

Brian Crump

Sounds like a great trip. Pics of the next one will keep us happy!! ;D

Somehow we have to all get together for an Australian meet -if the ute owners can do it at the Great Asutralian Muster, then we should be able to arrange something.

Regards,
BC

Andreas

It is a posh wrecking yard to....it has a sea view. ;D Now how many wrecking yards have this? Only in Adelaide

Yes we did have lots of fun and some free beer as well.
Great to catch up with everyone.

cheers
Andreas
78 450 SEL Parting out
78 450 SEL Saving for parts
79 450 SEL 6.9  #5332
77 450 SEL 6.9 Euro # 1696
77 450 SEL 6.9 Euro #1577
78 450 SEL 6.9  # 4172
76 280 S     Manual Parting
80 280 SE  Possible Parts Car
74 350 SLC  Thinking converting to race