News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

2010 soccer world cup in South Africa

Started by s class, 21 December 2009, 07:49 AM

s class

Are any of you .ORG'ers planning to come to South Africa for the soccer world cup next year?

Let me know if you do so that we could have an intercontinental GTG, where I may be persuaded to put on a braaivleis

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

SELfor50

Quote from: s class on 21 December 2009, 07:49 AM
Are any of you .ORG'ers planning to come to South Africa for the soccer world cup next year?

Let me know if you do so that we could have an intercontinental GTG, where I may be persuaded to put on a braaivleis

I'm really hoping to get there Ryan.  Unfortunately my priorities shifted due to a motorsport event that was announced for April next year.  It's at Bathurst.  So all fundage has been funnelled into getting the car ready and supplies stocked for the team endurance event.
It's a track I've always wanted to race at, so couldn't pass it up.  However, if things work out ok (and I possibly have a good run on the poker table over the next 3months) then I'll be coming to watch some football.
Being half Australian / Half German, it's hard to resist when the opening group match is Australia V Germany.  :-\

One thing I know is for sure, I sincerely hope that South Africa smash the pants of the Uruguayans.  After the stress they put our players through on their home leg of qualification several years ago, and the comment that "it's our divine right to play in the world cup, not Australia's".

Anyway, enough rambling...  I hope to make i there, and if I do - the beer will be a plenty. ;)

Cam. :)

s class

If you really are thinking of coming over, you need to start finalising committments, because tickets for the games are selling fast.

FIFA's site : Link

Tickets are being sold in phases.  You would need to familiarise yourself with the way this works : Link

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

s class

So, anyone coming to the soccer? 

Over here, cars have 'socks' bearing the South African flag stretched over the exterior mirrors, flags are flying from cars and businesses, and there are all sorts of activities on.  I'm hearing vuvuzelas being blowed all the time....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuvuzela

oscar

Not me but can't wait for it to start sclass.  Aus v Ger is our first game.

I hope the event as a whole is a success.  The way the coverage is being ramped up here they're showing a lot of positive coverage other than the soccer and boy SA looks spectacular.
1973 350SE, my first & fave