News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

You know you are a Mercedes Enthusiast when......

Started by Des, 14 November 2007, 06:01 AM

Des

You know you are a Mercedes Enthusiast when......

lets see what you cane come up with.

mine is.

"You know you are a Mercedes Enthusiast when you must carefully align and straighten you bonnet star so it stands perfectly straight and uniform to the front of the car, if you are driving along the road, and you notice your star is slightly out of alignment you will immediately pull over to carefully adjust and straighten your star. other motorists will notice you looking at your star from many different perspectives to ensure it is standing in the correct spot."

Martin 280s

Des,
Have you been following me around and making notes about my little habits? That sounds very familiar!

Andrew280SEL

You know you are a Mercedes Enthusiast when your driving along in you own Benz, and you happen to glance upon another Benz of the same model, and you JUST have to know exactly what engine it has so you floor your own car and tail gate the poor guy in the other Benz until he either floors it in terror or pulls over for a yarn.
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

Des

Quote from: Martin 280s on 14 November 2007, 06:06 AM
Des,
Have you been following me around and making notes about my little habits? That sounds very familiar!

I know when people try to mess with my bonnet stars, I have them always aligned perfectly, they are standing straight and tall. If they are leaning off to one side I must instantly adjust them.
A high moment for me is when the sun is shining down on the star, and it catches the light, making it shine bright and reflect back into the car. Just makes the world seem a better place, a Mercedes Benz world.

Martin 280s

An exciting moment is going though a long tunnel and watching the roof lighting move around the star and make it sparkle....sad but true, a friend of mine once filmed the star as we when through a very long tunnel, it looked amazing!

Des

Quote from: Martin 280s on 14 November 2007, 06:14 AM
An exciting moment is going though a long tunnel and watching the roof lighting move around the star and make it sparkle....sad but true, a friend of mine once filmed the star as we when through a very long tunnel, it looked amazing!

have you youtubed the video?

sounds great

116Benz

CraigS

[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

oscar

You know you are a Mercedes Enthusiast when...............my wife suggestively asks "coming to bed?" and I say "I'm on the forum".  Now she's angry!

Seriously, just got home from work, need to catch up and my "bed time" isn't for a couple of hours at least.  Not how my body clock works honey.  
Pfft!  Better go or else.  Be back in 45 seconds.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Martin 280s

Sorry Guys, no youtube :( Maybe we could try it again someday!

Des

Oscar.....mate, when your fine lady asks are you coming to bed, it doesn't sound like she is enquirying if you are physically tired.

For a happy and harmonious home you need to keep your lady happy.

oscar

Quote from: Des on 14 November 2007, 07:03 AM
Oscar.....mate, when your fine lady asks are you coming to bed, it doesn't sound like she is enquirying if you are physically tired.

Well, apparently tonight that's exactly what it meant. So I found out.  In my absence though I was called back to work.  Then, on my way back home in my work car I know I'm a Mercedes Enthusiast when......I swing past the work garage to check that my 350 is still there. That and I know I'm a Mercedes Enthusiast when......I drive my 350 to work the long way round past shop fronts to see it's reflection in commercial plate glass windows.  I've fessed up to that one before and if memory serves me, I wasn't the only one. 8)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

nathan

laughing my head off oscar, as my wife just asked me that literally (although im too scared to say im on the forum)!

but you know you are a benz nut when your partner knows what you are talking about when you say "theres a W..."
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

scraf

I've found myself purposely parking in underground carparks when there is space on the street, and paying extra to do so, just so I can make loads of noise.  :-[

500eguy

Oh gosh, i thought i was the only one who adjusted the hood star, my friends mess with it just to get me angry lol