News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Yikes!

Started by Nutz, 01 November 2010, 04:02 AM

gf

Sheer luck id say! id hate to think what injuries he got. We need more pictures of crashed cars, makes us remember to slow down!

calvin streeting

this one faired a bit better...

:)

Big_Richard

ummmm

what is that orange thing ?

Is it made out of toilet paper and aluminium foil ?

the w116 is hardly damaged at all!  8)

KenM

Those pics are rather illuminating, just goes to show that not all older cars were built properly. Don't buy a Ford Capri eh, not that one would anyhow. Looks like the engine is now sitting in the passenger's lap, what a POS!

gf

Thats very much what happened when our old volvo hit a datsun sunny! good to know the mercs of old stood up to their reputation!

Squiggle Dog

That other guy is lucky that the W116 didn't have the USA-spec battering ram bumpers! :D
Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+

MB_Mike

Quote from: Squiggle Dog on 21 December 2010, 10:15 PM
That other guy is lucky that the W116 didn't have the USA-spec battering ram bumpers! :D

Speaking of US spec bumpers, I wish that it were a bolt on bolt off scenario because I'd like to preserve my euro bumpers in case of such an incident. I had a ridiculous close call on the way home from work last night when an American SUV (Ford, GM who knows) turned in front of me as I rushed through the yellow light  :-[. I hit my brakes just in time to avoid tearing the rear axle off that beast as I was positioned for a direct hit to the rear wheel.

Anyway, the pics in the post flashed through my mind and left me thinking how I would be alive to post the incident on this board.
1987 Home market 560 SEL

Big_Richard

I think one should excersize extra care when driving a w116. Personal safety aside, anything but the most minor collision will be uneconomical to repair rendering the poor old w116 a collection of spare parts or scrap metal.