News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

WTF? Huge snails on my engine.

Started by Nutz, 10 July 2009, 01:29 AM

s class

Is that snail going to be permanently mounted a bit lower down there?

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Nutz

Just entertaining it for the moment because flames out my exhaust would be the cats meow. I'm still leaning towards the MP90 supercharger that's on the way via US snail mail (no pun intended).

I've gathered by brainstorming under the hood that plumbing this massive turbo will be quite a task and the engine would have to come out and get reworked, but hey.... ;)

I want to decimate any Mercedes that challenges me!

Big_Richard

is that off a truck that turbo ?

I'm doubtfull that a 4.5 litre at the red line would even produce enough exhaust gas to get that thing to start moving  ::)

oscar

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 10 July 2009, 05:04 AM

I was going to say what turboprop plane did you take that from ;D 

SC sounds good, but if you're really want to try the snail, you could always try a rear/remote mount.  13B first told me about this way of mounting turbos and whilst there's a lot of plumbing, you've got a stack of room towards the back to not have to worry about engine bay space.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Nutz

35psi of boost but yeah, it would more than likely need to be piggybacked to spool adequately.

Nutz

Quote from: oscar on 10 July 2009, 07:50 PM
Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 10 July 2009, 05:04 AM

SC sounds good, but if you're really want to try the snail, you could always try a rear/remote mount.  13B first told me about this way of mounting turbos and whilst there's a lot of plumbing, you've got a stack of room towards the back to not have to worry about engine bay space.

Called a 'cheater turbo'.

kolin

nutz
please explain why its called a cheater turbo