News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

why does there seem to be no cheapish w116's for sale in sydney

Started by Maat1985, 29 June 2009, 04:24 AM

Maat1985

i live in sydney and currently own a 77 280se and it has to say the least a few problems..... both mechanically and visually.... nothing major other than currently a blown head gasket.... however it needs $$$$$$ spent on it (prob could do with a full resto)... i bought the car for only $500 and have since spent $$$$$$$ on it however keep finding it needs something done and can never get around to fixing it visually which is what i want to do...... respray..... new interior and window tints basically..... there is nothing in terribly bad shape on the car but it is not the way i want to see it..... the advantages to this car is everything is original.... motor, gearbox, paint, first aid kit, it has never even been unregistered.... i bought it from where the original owner traded it in.....

what i am really looking for is a car either to use for parts for it or if i could find a real bargain something to replace it with...... i saw one previously with the same colour interior but have since not seen one..... the problem i have is i have a very limited budget so i need something locally however there seems to be a real shortage of w116's for sale in sydney let alone one that falls into my price range.... i am happy to buy one with a few bits and pieces i need then strip and sell the rest for cash... or keep one as a parts car.... idealistacally i want to find one with a bamboo colour interior in beautifull condition and do not care bout the rest of the car i will take whatever is avaliable or something that is rat shit visually but mechanically strong..... so then i can either repair mine mechanically or visually.....

or as far as interior goes i could find one with a beautiful interior of any colour i suppose...... (just thinking bamboo for originality) (really i need seats.. carpet, (not just floor mats) and a few other bits and pieces but a whole new one would be desirable)

smayb someone knows something i dont know bout finding these cars but the ones at wreckers all seem to have shot interiors.....
DRIVER - 1977 W116 280SEL Orange....
PARTS - 1977 W116 280SE White....
DECEASED - 1977 W116 280SE Maple Yellow....
DECEASED - 1976 W116 280SE Green....

chinny4290

Be thankful that they still exist in good numbers in Aussieland.

Come to the US of A-land and you'll never see more than 5-8 W116s on sale on eBay, Craigslist, Cars.Com, Autotrader, and Collector Car Trader Online at one time all together.
1975 W116 280S - SOLD
1994 W124 E320 Coupe - Gone

CURRENT - 1974 450SEL