News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Where do you look when you're in the market?

Started by molotschna, 28 August 2018, 08:32 PM

molotschna

You all convinced me in my earlier post to take it slow in shopping for a w116. Thanks for the advice! I'm going to watch the web for private sellers.

Where should I be looking? Is there a way to search multiple Craigslists at once? I've also seen you folks reference Bring a Trailer. Are there any other places, other than those two, that I should monitor? And does Ebay come into play at all?

I bought a '76 Volkswagen bus about ten years ago, and that was really straightforward—the main VW forum had the classifieds. I gather than's not the case with older Benz's.

Harv

www.autotempest.com to search every auto listing site. It agates Craigslist, eBay, Cars.com, autotrader and something else.

Also BenzWorld, MBWorld and Peach Parts. Those are your best bets because these cars usually come from people who really like their cars and take care of them.
1980 300SD
1983 240D
2000 E55 AMG
2002 G500

Scotty

First of all best of luck in the search. It's fun looking for a new car.

There are a few general rules I follow: never buy in the rain, don't buy the first one you see, ask lots of questions, buy on condition not on kilometres.  And buy the very best you can afford. If the condition you are after is above your budget, wait, save and then buy.

If you live somewhere where you may be spending a lot of time traveling to see a car, get lots of photos first before you set off to look at what turns out to be a wreck.

And please take us along for the adventure!!

Scotty