News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

What kind of person buys/drives a w116?

Started by michaeld, 26 April 2007, 12:27 AM

frikkie

Quote from: michaeld on 08 May 2007, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the contribution, frikkie, and - given that I hadn't come across one of your 18 posts before - welcome to the forum!

I enjoy heavy metal, hard rock, and that sort of thing.  I have since I was a young teen.  But I don't really want to anymore; nowadays I would LIKE to like music with "taste" and "substance."  I'd like to be one of those types that listen to Classical music, Jazz, that sort of thing.  You know, "smart-person" music!

But I'm wondering, do w116 owners LIKE rap music, Paris Hilton, and that sort of cultural fodder?  Or are w116 folk more "erudite" in their cultural tastes? 

Thanks for the welcome, mate! 8)

I'm an 80's child. My teens/early adulthood was basically the 80's decade, so obviously my type of music is heavily influenced by that era's music. I have quite a few MP3 CD's in the car, loaded with 80's stuff - I love it! Especially some of the more esoteric stuff, the stuff less often heard on radio.

Having said that, I also keep bang up to date with the latest music, and yes, even some rap and hip-hop. Of the current artists, my favourites will have to be Linkin' Park, Live, also Evanescence, that sort of thing in the modern rock genre, and ditty's like Avril Lavigne and Nelly Furtado from the current Pop culture.

Then, I'm also a big, big fan of Eminem... :o

My favourite all-time bands would be Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Midnight Oil (see, even some Aussie stuff! ;D).

Brian Crump

Bach does it for me, every time.
Especially a cantata....
BC