News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

W116's fading into obscurity

Started by Big_Richard, 28 July 2008, 06:19 AM

melcrom

as a proud owner of a recently acquired red 73 280s i have been more aware of our beloved cruisers

and here in the northern suburbs of Perth i have spotted 5 or 6 in the last 2 weeks. in fact i followed one

into its garage just two blocks away from my house  when i spotted it on my way to work.

my next mission is to find out what model it is. the driver looks Greek or Italian and in its sixties.

gold  and in superb condition. might have to give him a visit......yeah...

oscar

Quote from: melcrom on 13 August 2008, 08:36 AM
the driver looks Greek or Italian and in its sixties.

Sounds like Nathan to a tee    ;D ;D ;D

Ok, maybe not.  It'd be interesting to know if he's an ORGer a least.

1973 350SE, my first & fave

Big_Richard

John Hubertz

Quote from: oscar on 04 August 2008, 06:43 PM
Geez that's a few more than my guestimate! I like the figures though.   8) Wish there was a way to look at the various state road authority figures.

Forgot to update my other post about the good 280sel.  Not sure what happened to it yet, haven't spoke to the owner but this car was in very good nic prior to an impact. :(

Two things - I'm back happy with Max - being able to repair the window motor like a red indian with a hatchet restored my faith that Mr. Headroom belongs in my stable.

Second - SOMEONE SAVE THIS CAR (the quoted thread)  That is SO fine!  The owner can buy it from his insurance company as salvage as a favor to one of our Aussie members - get busy!
John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]

pompy

...took a drive to Newcastle in the Northern Natal Midlands today - it is in the remote country side of South Africa and surprisingly picturesque.
Low and behold! What did I see? A late 280S in an orig metalic dark green - a colour I hadn't seen before but def orig as the high gloss paint job is unmistakebly Benz. Its driver(ueropean) had it parked behind a burnt-out petrol tanker next to the highway in the middle of nowhere - don't know why but quite an interesting site - it was so surreal as I cruised by - almost slowmotion like, not another vehicle in sight - just me, the Benz and the burnt-out petrol tanker.

And then a week ago I spotted a yellow 116 on the Durban beachfront with MB1 alloys - it was def an upcountry car as it was in good nick,

I guess this thread has turned into a 'Spot the 116" thread.