News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Vince's 1975 280SE

Started by VinceWR, 09 September 2021, 07:06 PM

VinceWR

Hello everyone,

I spent the last few weeks sourcing all kind of infos on this forum. I thought that it might be a good idea to register since I bought a W116 last Friday !

It's a euro spec 280SE from 1975 that I found on marketplace last month in New Brunswick. After thinking about it for 3 weeks I decided to call the seller to see the car. Long story short, I fell in love with the car after driving it and a basic inspection. I drove it back home for 300km and it did great. Unfortunately, I don't have the history of the car so I know very little about it's past and how it made it's way to Canada.

Today it failed a provincial inspection, so now I'm back on earth and I have work to do to make it compliant with QC regulations.

I don't want a show car but I want it to be a nice driver and durable.  I'll try to keep you posted.

Regards,

Vincent

BCDC

Hi Vincent, welcome. You are exactly the best type of owner. Enjoy the wonderful world of the W116. Nice Green. Roadworthy's are a pain, I just went thought the same process here in Tasmania, got there in the end.

BC
1978 280SE Cream with blue interior. With SLS