News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Three times in three days.

Started by koan, 05 March 2011, 11:43 PM

koan

Sitting in a shopping centre car park on Wednesday a young guy (that's under 50 to me :)) came up and started chatting about his father having a 6.9 when they where new, nothing could beat them back then, he would take on anything at the lights.

Then Thursday parked at the side of the road waiting for someone, a couple of people where having a smoko on the steps outside an office building talking about 6.9s, not sure they knew I was in the car, I was a bit embarrassed as the car is filthy at the moment.

Friday another shopping centre, as we were getting out the car a really young guy (under 30) arrived in some sort of possibly imported sporty GT Peugeot of some years ago and we had a short conversation.

Almost prompts me to make a start on some of the outstanding jobs and polish up the car.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

WGB

I get the feeling the 6.9 is starting to become rare enough and distant enough from most people's memory that it is starting to enter the world of "legend" or "classic" or whatever.

Maybe we should be taking our car's more seriously than we do.

Bill

s class

I always used to hold 6.9's in demi-god status, but since owning them, I've become a bit blase, I tend to forget the rarity aspect as I now see my cars literaly every day.  It does jog me a bit though if a fellow MB club member comes over, as they usually cant stop gushing when they see a 6.9 in the metal for the first time. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL