News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Thinking about another 116

Started by 1980sdga, 17 April 2011, 01:29 PM

1980sdga

Well, 248 miles today with new shocks and a working cigarette lighter (For the GPS) and working windshield washers.  I just filled "Der Sturmmachine" up and I'm going to figure the mileage for the trip home.

I rolled 80-85 mph for a lot of the interstate and 60-70 on the backroads.  Even though I got cheapie shocks it made a BIG difference in how the car feels.  I have 2 new tie-rod assembly's on order (New sleeves and ends for both sides) and the tool to remove the old ones. It also looks like I'll need a new upper ball joint because one of mine is leaking. No noise, feels solid, just a rotted boot  ::)

I wish I had the $$ to just do all new ball joints while I'm doing the tie-rods...

The engine hasn't leaked/used a drop of oil and it just seems to run better and better!

I think it's a good car  ;D

The AC is funky (ACC issues) but I can run it by closing the vents and cycling the compressor off/on.  I may be foolish, but I think I'd like to get the ACC system working properly. I had it in my Caddy I sold and my wifes Caddy has it as well and the Cadillac system is NICE!  If I could get the old MB version working half as good as GM's I'd be soooo happy  ;D  XM, ipod integration, hardwired GPS, window tint (To keep the interior cool more than the look...) a cupholder and the Valentine 1 wired in and I'll be set!

Well, back to the mechanicals...