News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

Test Drove my 1st 6.9...

Started by SELfor50, 10 July 2007, 08:35 PM

Big_Richard

My car knows this process well.

It was written off by an insurer, and sold at auction. The previous owner to me is who purchased it at auction and fixed it up. It, was driven into the rear of another car. It required the replacement of the front nose panel, the headlights, grills, bumpers, radiator, condensor, fan and the bonnet.. All of which are dirt cheap and easy to replace if you have even the slightest clue how to weld. My only gripe is that the front panel isn't from an Aussie version and i have no where to mount the non existant and disconnected charcoal canister :P

bb

Quote from: SELfor50 on 13 April 2008, 11:06 PM
There's only 2 i know off, both were silver and 1 is now dead.  I'm sure there's a couple more somewhere....

Ahem... 3 you know of  ;D :P :P

I actually wonder sometimes how many 6.9's there are in Canberra...

SELfor50

Quote from: bb on 14 April 2008, 07:24 AM
Quote from: SELfor50 on 13 April 2008, 11:06 PM
There's only 2 i know off, both were silver and 1 is now dead.  I'm sure there's a couple more somewhere....

Ahem... 3 you know of  ;D :P :P

I actually wonder sometimes how many 6.9's there are in Canberra...

bb, don't try and pass off Jerra / Queanbeyan as Canberra..  I won't have it!  ;D  :P

Sorry mate, forgot about the new edition Ronin Special..  ;)

kolin

It really sucks - but in the ACT the law still hasn't changed!!    :'(

what is the ACT law???

SELfor50

The law's allow P Platers to drive any car at all.  So you get a million wheely bins that wanna race you at every set of lights.. it's pretty funny actually.  Most of them are in sh!tbox lancer's with a bodykit and exhaust..

They suck.

kolin

ok.now pray tell us what is a P plater .

koan

Quote from: SELfor50 on 15 April 2008, 09:42 PM

The law's allow P Platers to drive any car at all.

(EDIT: I just realised this was in reference to ACT laws.)

Not here in good old over regulated Victoria (AUS). A P plater is restricted to cars without turbos, cars below a specified  power to weight ratio and cars below a specified displacement to weight ratio. This ends up excluding most V8.

That's the theory anyway.

Quote from: kolin on 16 April 2008, 01:48 AM

ok.now pray tell us what is a P plater .

A P plater is someone on a probationary licence which is for a driver in his/her first three years of driving, further restrictions apply, zero blood alcohol for instance.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

kolin

hmm, sounds like fun this license story in oz.does it help keep them safe on the road.
here is goold ol' rsa,the big problem is getting a license.
1)takes 2 minutes to book a learners license at a central booking depot for the whole country
2)then you have to pay for learners license within 3 days at said licensing dept where you wish to take said license
3)then come back about 3 months later to write your learners.
4)if you pass you then have 18 months to take full drivers license,if you fail you then repeat from step 1 again
if you are lucky to pass, most take the learners 3 times, its a year gone by
5)takes 2 minutes to book a full license at a central booking depot for the whole country
6)then you have to pay for learners license within 3 days at said licensing dept where you wish to take said license
7)then come back about 3 months later towrite your  full learnrs and do the practical..if you dont make the requires points go back to point 5
And many people cant get their full license as the learners has expires., you then go back to point 1
when you get to said traffic dept where you intend to do learners license, you are greeted by a queue about 300 long and some people wait from 06h00 till late in the afternoon to write the learners.
its a stuff up

SELfor50

Quote from: kolin on 16 April 2008, 03:11 AM
hmm, sounds like fun this license story in oz.does it help keep them safe on the road.
here is goold ol' rsa,the big problem is getting a license.
1)takes 2 minutes to book a learners license at a central booking depot for the whole country
2)then you have to pay for learners license within 3 days at said licensing dept where you wish to take said license
3)then come back about 3 months later to write your learners.
4)if you pass you then have 18 months to take full drivers license,if you fail you then repeat from step 1 again
if you are lucky to pass, most take the learners 3 times, its a year gone by
5)takes 2 minutes to book a full license at a central booking depot for the whole country
6)then you have to pay for learners license within 3 days at said licensing dept where you wish to take said license
7)then come back about 3 months later towrite your  full learnrs and do the practical..if you dont make the requires points go back to point 5
And many people cant get their full license as the learners has expires., you then go back to point 1
when you get to said traffic dept where you intend to do learners license, you are greeted by a queue about 300 long and some people wait from 06h00 till late in the afternoon to write the learners.
its a stuff up

That sounds shyte dude....   it's still not that easy to get your license here.  But there should be alot more training involved on the practical side.
My dad always rants about how in Germany you have to do hours on hours of driver training (defensive driving etc) to get your licence.
I reckon things like that aren't such a bad idea.

kolin

i know, my sister and family moved to perth. parents moving there.will stay here, coz i need to live in a country where i can speed without worrying about getting caught