News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Some Teaser Pics

Started by 500eguy, 29 February 2008, 01:52 PM

wonwon6

I raise a glass of fine single malt whisky to you and your most worthy obsession.well done mate 8)

wonwon6

I've been away on secret whisky business in the Tasmanian highlands (involving fly rods ,shotguns and clay pidgins)  ;) I have been reading up on all of your various adventures and coments -but honestly havent had much of a chance to chime in. I should have some fiberglass dash replacement information soon. if anyone is interested I'll post it ASAP

wonwon6

and..... I really like the black grill .....might look good on gollum... if not it would still make a good undercoat  ::)

500eguy

Wow guys, Thanks so much again for the kind words. yesterday i had some guy pull up next to me in a Brand new Black on black s65 and he gave me the thumbs up. That was awesome, now i need to finish the rest of the mods. :) i will post more pics soon...:)

500eguy

Ok guys, update. I just installed my Euro Headlights yesterday and got my Exhaust Canister to make my "fake" Amg Exhaust. Enjoy Guys!

oscar

1973 350SE, my first & fave

SELfor50

Damn those headlights look SEXY!!   :o  8)

Especially with tinted blinker lenses... love it mate!!

500eguy

all thanks to you Cam!... Oscar... your Us headlights will be in the mail soon! i will wrap them good and hopefully your customs will let it through no problems :)

500eguy

Ok guys, cut 1 coil off the springs and this is what happened. It seems to have lowered 2 inches because the front gap is zero. I replaced the upper control arms and threw the springs in there and it rides very well. It does not seem to affect anything in terms of ride comfort, it is not bouncy at all. I am going to lower the back sometime soon. so here is what it looks like now.

13B

By front gap is zero, do you mean looking side-on at the front wheel there is no gap visible between the tyre and the lip of the wheel arch of the fender at the topmost point?

I'm asking because I was about to clip 1/2 a coil off the standard front springs but it looks more like 1 coil is the go...

What size tyres are you using so I can compare the relative tyre heights and circumferences of yours and the ones I am intending to run.

Thanks heaps,

Ian.
450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K

500eguy

Yes, I meant that from the side on there is no wheel gap visible from the arch of the fender to the wheel. If you clip off a  coil this should give you this result. I am running 225/40 16 i believe. Let me Double check that tomorrow. I need to lower the rear now as it has that strange pouncing look to it.

oscar

Wish I had 16" pentas. 8)

The car looks tops 500.   That pouncing look isn't too obvious from those shots but I suppose looking from the rear or directly side on it would.  I'm gunna chop a full coil off the 280 too before I get stiffer springs. 8)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Yesmar

Keep goin man looks great!!!!  very rad!
- Ramsey

Hemersam

Absolutely beautiful car, and the Euro bumpers are very attractive. For me, however, I'm going to keep my US bumpers, simply because I fear the increasing number of parking lot drivers who are either thoughtless, hostile, incompetent, or all of the previous. Sad.
Hemersam   :(