News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

So they DID exist as police cars!

Started by 116Benz, 26 December 2007, 06:00 AM

116Benz

This is on the German ebay site,  I would say this is RARE. at the price it's going for, its cheap W116 brochures are getting rare and expensive to purchase.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mercedes-W116-Polizei-350-SE-Brochure-Prospekt-70-s_W0QQitemZ200185573861QQihZ010QQcategoryZ86215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

oscar

:o

Wow I thought you were going to post a link to a 1:24 miniature for sale.  I've never seen this brochure before.  You gotta get it.  Thru that 2nd pic, it looks like the 350 is manual too.  Now how are they suppose to steer, change gears and fire out the windows at the same time. ;D
1973 350SE, my first & fave

116Benz

Quote from: oscar on 26 December 2007, 10:07 AM
:o

Wow I thought you were going to post a link to a 1:24 miniature for sale.  I've never seen this brochure before.  You gotta get it.  Thru that 2nd pic, it looks like the 350 is manual too.  Now how are they suppose to steer, change gears and fire out the windows at the same time. ;D

LOL Thats why there'd be a co-pilot in the passenger seat one of them would be holding their gun! :D I havent found a decent model of a 116 police car, there was a remote control one, but I ended up getting a road car version.

michaeld

AHA!  I KNEW it!

A year or two ago I came across a w116 miniature outfitted as a police cruiser, and querried whether the w116 had ever done police service.

By American police cruiser standards, the w116s would be a nice fit: sturdy V8, reliable and durable, a good handler, large 4 door to handle two officers and the hoodlums in the back seat, etc.  But no one at the time had any positive evidence to offer, and some thought that the w116 was just too big to handle narrow Euro roads.

Good find, 116Benz!

500eguy

very cool, maybe one of us should attempt a replica of this car!! that would be crazy.

oscar

Quote from: 500eguy on 28 December 2007, 06:26 AM
very cool, maybe one of us should attempt a replica of this car!! that would be crazy.

I think 70's US style, black fenders, white doors, two beacons on top and what about the Blues Brother's megaphone as a siren ;D

116Benz

I think this calls for a photoshop occasion.. :D

oscar

Just as I was about to quit for the night you throw me a challenge. ;D

Man I forgot how hard it is to photoshop when you don't do it a lot, so I did a small version and it's rough but you get the idea ;D

Nutz did a blues mobile, starsky&hutch and dukes of hazard mock up on his BMW something (sorry nutz, I know nuthin' about Beamers), anyone want to do a better w116 cop car?

EDIT: a BMW 635CSi is what I meant, I knew that ::) http://forum.w116.org/auto-torque/bmw-635csi-fun-with-photoshop/0/

116Benz

LOL doesnt have to be right now,  not a bad shot at that one Oscar.  ;D

johnnyw116

in holland we had in the old days W123 and W115 200D as police cars , i was thinking about that last time becouse you can measure the 0 to 100km acceleration of a W115 200D with an pocket agenda , so what did the police do when they have to pursuit a W116 a 450SE for example ?
JohnnyW116

500eguy

that is pretty funny! the 116 looks interesting as a police car

116Benz

Yes, it wasnt me that bought it, but I go by the rule of "where theres one, theres two" when buying this sort of stuff.