News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Sightings

Started by koan, 12 April 2012, 02:30 AM

koan

Spotted three 116s in the last couple of days, a rough red one yesterday, a very nice black one and another which I think was a non MB silver colour today.

Also saw a convertible 111 in the rear view mirror.

Shame mine wasn't clean and shiny, felt a bit embarrassed...
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Tony66_au

Saw a Milan Brown 6.9 over easter in Leongatha, a bad condition 450SEL in silver parked locally and a white 280 on the highway near morwell

Kjhall65

Saw a white 450SE in Canberra last weekend just like mine but the rear bumper was bubbling with rust.  Haven't seen any in months around here prior to that one.

KenM

Most recent one was today at Mooloolaba I passed a beautiful bronze 450 SEL in what looks to be fantastic condition, everything gleaming in the sunshine. Personal rego plate, obviously very well looked

after, very jealous.

mswcpt

I just moved from an area where there were 2 other W116's (280 S model owners) residing within a 1 SQ KM radius. Cayenne orange and yellow. Both were auto's (mine is a 4 sp manual). They were in shocking condition compared to mine I might add - smoking when I saw them driving, terrible interiors, rusty, dented, scratched, a lot of trim missing, incorrect rims on the one! Did make me feel proud of my baby though  ;)

s class

I stepped out of my front door this morning and saw 7 of the beasts in my yard  8) - sorry, I couldn't resist that....

But seriously, I hardly ever see one in the traffic any more.  Its months between sightings. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

pompy

A few weeks back I saw a very late 280 S in thistle green and 7/10 condition pull into a gas station on a long haul from JHB down to Durban.
The occupants, a pleasant young family. I was surprised and impressed to see a 116 doing a long haul.
The only others I see driving around are short distance drivers that never leave town.

adamb

Quote from: koan on 12 April 2012, 02:30 AM
Spotted three 116s in the last couple of days, a rough red one yesterday, a very nice black one and another which I think was a non MB silver colour today.

Also saw a convertible 111 in the rear view mirror.

Shame mine wasn't clean and shiny, felt a bit embarrassed...

Glad to hear you are driving yours now, Koan. Not seen a stray 116 for ages now.

koan

Saw another two 116s today.

It's odd, a couple of years ago I'd see one or two  everyday around Melbourne then they all seemed to disappear, they seem now to be reappearing.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

peterq

Returned from Adelaide last night, went to Perth airport long term car park A to collect the car - what are the chances of 2 6.9s in there?

Big_Richard

TJ 450

Haha, that's quite amusing.

Yes, I returned from Sydney on Wednesday night and saw your 6.9 there Peter. It's looking great. :)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Big_Richard

motec6.9

Hi guys i dont have that problem my airport parking is free via work  :)
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

peterq

There was a 280SE I saw regularly in Ebisu at weekends back in 2007. See around the middle of this page- http://www.kpl.com.au/Classics/Mercedes3.shtml