News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Sheepskin seat covers

Started by 1980sdga, 22 May 2011, 08:06 PM

1980sdga

Are they any good in warm humid climates?  I know MBtex is legendary stuff but the vinyl seats bug me.  I've had cloth or suede for years and I just like it better...

Anyone had one of those "bead" deals like cab drivers use  ;D

WGB

So long as it is genuine wool it works fine in hot weather.

Bill

beagle2022

Hi.  I have a complete set of excellent sheepskin seat covers for a 280sel to sell.  Includes headrests and armrest. Let me know if you are interested.  They are located in Sydney Australia.
Peter
Sydney, Australia

Casey

thysonsacclaim

Quite interesting,

Just yesterday I had a fellow over to help me do work on the car in return for helping him with a wiring harness on his Yamaha bike.

Anyway, he was astonished how cool the car was inside, especially the seats which he expected to be quite hot considering the time of day. MB Tex is great stuff.

Not used sheep skin but I'd expect it to be good (they do make 'rain coats' out of it!), but as Bill said wool is good. The beads are OK, but a little too slippery for me.

Andreas

I have sheep skin covers in my car. The previous owner went nuts even on the floor and in the boot.

Mine are really good quality and i think the covers were made from superfine marino. Bloody soft, almost makes me want to drive my car naked haha.

But seriously they are really nice and you dont have such a strong wet feel like when you sit on plastic.

If you get really soft ones the women love it  :o

There is a difference in quality of sheep skin and it makes a difference on comfort.

Andreas

78 450 SEL Parting out
78 450 SEL Saving for parts
79 450 SEL 6.9  #5332
77 450 SEL 6.9 Euro # 1696
77 450 SEL 6.9 Euro #1577
78 450 SEL 6.9  # 4172
76 280 S     Manual Parting
80 280 SE  Possible Parts Car
74 350 SLC  Thinking converting to race