News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

SELfor50 at Winton raceway today, April 6th 2008.

Started by 13B, 06 April 2008, 06:06 AM

13B

Here are some pictures I to today of SELfor50 racing 450SEL at Winton today:

Morning preparation:

Scruitineering bay: yes they are Yokohama A032R tyres and parked next to Cam is a brick... Austin Cooper S

Smile on Cam's dial indicates all is good for the scrutineering - lets race!

Gridded up and ready to go!!

This isn't a great shot but I've put it because it shows an ex-Bathurst GTHO Phase 3, a HQ series racecar, and a Cam:

Pedal to the metal after the esses onto the front straight:

I.
450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K

oscar

That's so coool!  Well done Cam and thanks for posting 13B.  I so much wanted to come down since I had the weekend off but had too much on.  Man that looks like fun!  Can't wait to see two (or more) 450's on the grid ;D

How about that photo with ole silver and the other two 70's icons.  8) 8) 8)

How was it Cam?
1973 350SE, my first & fave

WGB

Looks great - Pity M-B didn't do a lot more of this indays gone by.

Is it possible to lose some ride height?

Bill

13B

QuoteIs it possible to lose some ride height?

It needs to be lowered about a foot, and the sound level needs to be raised about 25dB.

I.
450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K

SELfor50

That's definately a great pic from Ian!  Represent the 70's!!!  8)

It was a great day Oscar!!  Loved it, almost the best thing i've ever done.
So much more work to do to be at a standard i'm happy with, but gotta start somewhere.  :)

Oscar, you gotsta find yo'self a 116 track car... so much fun!!!

Niclas

Wow that looks loke a nice day, now I understand why it smelt burnt rubber that day.
Do you have any movies out on youtube?

/Niclas

SELfor50

Hey Mate,

Will be 'movies' up soon.  Prob not for another week or 2 though.  Tech. difficulties.. :(

Cam.

oscar

Quote from: SELfor50 on 07 April 2008, 12:49 AM

I completely agree ;D ;D  I'm canning the 6.9 search and the 2dr coupe.  New mission, another TeamW116 car 8)

I'm in Wagga for a week as you know, I put feelers out at my mechanics.  He's got a 78 (approx) milan brown 450sel.   :-\  It looks too good to race and cost about $2000.  Still, I'm going for a test drive on Friday ;D  But it's got "cruiser" potential, not a racer IMO.  280 or 450 - argh decisions.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

SELfor50

Quote from: oscar on 09 April 2008, 03:40 AM
Quote from: SELfor50 on 07 April 2008, 12:49 AM

I completely agree ;D ;D  I'm canning the 6.9 search and the 2dr coupe.  New mission, another TeamW116 car 8)

I'm in Wagga for a week as you know, I put feelers out at my mechanics.  He's got a 78 (approx) milan brown 450sel.   :-\  It looks too good to race and cost about $2000.  Still, I'm going for a test drive on Friday ;D  But it's got "cruiser" potential, not a racer IMO.  280 or 450 - argh decisions.

Mate... cruiser = racer!!   :D ;D :D ;D
I can't testify on a 280, never driven one.  But I do know what the v8 feels like down the straights... no comparison!

Results are up too - Results  Click on the 1st link and i'm at 43.  Only up from here...

O-man, if you can make it the next event you can take silver for a spin and I can guarantee you after that you'll start building a track car!! ;)

Cam.

wonwon6

Well done Cam  8) I guess that answers my question I put to you in the email  ;D ol' Gollum will be proud to sport the 'Race Benz's' blue dash mat . and who knows it way just inspire us to kick up the revs a bit next outing  ;D

SELfor50

Hahah... word.  It'll be in the post on Monday mate!  You'll have to keep the revs up, that mat only know's one life and that's gripping on for dear life.  ;D

SELfor50

Here's a vid of the day...

#1 & #3 should be up by the morning, upload f*kd out.

I'm chasing down a Ford XD Falcon... well attempting to.  ;D

Winton Raceway - Video # 2[/url

ENJOY!

Cam.  :)