News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Rehingold DVD

Started by 116Benz, 25 January 2008, 08:39 AM

116Benz

Just arrived from a seller in Austria, it's a 70's DVD about espionage, murder, racing the Rheingold train and something else I cant work out. Best part is, there's 2 W116's...a manual 280S and a mid blue SWB (dont get to see the model but it's got rear headrests like the S and the thick door cards). Here's the thing though, the S is a taxi (central to the movie), has a sunroof and rear headrests too, and the soundtrack is a real un-edited M110 engine singing nicely, it's an old school, non CGI movie. I love it! If you can, grab a copy, it's no RONIN and the script is auf Deutch, but it is a good movie, if only for the cars LOL  ;D

Andrew280SEL

Awesome! Another movie with our beloved W116 in it ;D

The M-110 singing along in the movie sounds like it's worth checking out too. ;)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

deton8r

My all time favorite film with some excellent w116 coverage is Lost Highway by David Lynch.  Yeah, I know it's a weird one but I like it anyway.  I'll have to track down Rehingold and check it out.

116Benz

Quote from: deton8r on 25 January 2008, 09:44 PM
My all time favorite film with some excellent w116 coverage is Lost Highway by David Lynch.  Yeah, I know it's a weird one but I like it anyway.  I'll have to track down Rehingold and check it out.

Yep, got that one too. Donnie Darko, The Holcroft Covenant, RONIN & A Man's Gota Do all really good 116 movies!