News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Pictures of my 450

Started by 500eguy, 18 February 2007, 03:26 AM

500eguy

These are some Random pictures i snapped today to just give you guys an idea on what my car looks like. It will need some body work to the passenger doors, and some minor touch ups here and there. It finally runs well, I still get the idea that my car sits much higher than the norm. Any ideas on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Better pics on the way!

oscar

Black on Black, looks fantastic 500eguy. The paint looks in good condition and the chrome combination, beautiful.

As far as the rear ride height, mine is similar and I can see what you mean.  Whilst I haven't been bothered by it, ever since you mentioned it and ever since I got my car back with new rear subfame mounts, I've convinced myself it looks higher again and needs adjustment.  Tomorrow, ie 10hrs or so after this post, I shall post a picture of the rear control valve that John Skene spoke of in your other thread.  Mine has been adjusted at some stage and I haven't played with it before but I will tomorrow.

BTW, I haven't seen fog light covers like what you have there under the front bumper.  Are they stoneguards?
1973 350SE, my first & fave

500eguy

yes, i think they are stone guards. i need to take a better side profile shot again....

oscar

Quote from: oscar on 18 February 2007, 09:21 AM

As far as the rear ride height, mine is similar and I can see what you mean.  Whilst I haven't been bothered by it, ever since you mentioned it and ever since I got my car back with new rear subfame mounts, I've convinced myself it looks higher again and needs adjustment.  Tomorrow, ie 10hrs or so after this post, I shall post a picture of the rear control valve that John Skene spoke of in your other thread.  Mine has been adjusted at some stage and I haven't played with it before but I will tomorrow.

I just remembered your car is conventionally sprung in the rear.  I posted pics of my setup and where it needs adjusting but threw it in your other "Lowereing Springs" thread.  So I still have no idea on how to tackle your height problem sorry.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

500eguy

ahh, yes i replied... i will have to make another thread about this ride height issue:)

500eguy

added a few more pictures today!

500eguy

You know, ever since i had purchased the 450....i have found my self drawn to it a lot more now. The 500e is  wonderful, possibly the best car i have ever driven.... but the 450 just has that x factor that i love. It may not be the fastest.... but it puts a huge smile on my face... i am loving the fact that i saved this car from the scrap yard because of a rough idle and a few dents..:)

500eguy

Nutz

Oh! Very nice! Are you going to Euro-ize it or leave it DOT? Gut the catalytic convertor  ;)

Gosh, now I remember why I wanted my next 116 to be black...even if the gold on my 350 is nice...nothing like black on black, it looks good on my 420SEL, but not as good as on your 450, 500Eguy!  :)

500eguy

those cats are coming off as soon as i can find someone to cut them off:) i would really like to euro the car but i am worried about total cost on bumpers, headlights, etc. I really want to buy an AMG kit for the car but don't have money for it right now:(