News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

pics of my 280SEL

Started by Andrew280SEL, 24 March 2007, 05:02 AM

Des

I used to be a holden man, Kingswoods, last Holden I had was a WB Statesman Caprice,
not a bad actually, comfortable, bit, nice big boot, which puts the w116 boot to shame, reasonable power to cruise along in, soft suspension, although rubbish handling, very poor factory support for parts, lost count of the number of interior trim pieces and tail lights lenses that weren't available anymore, this was back in the late 1990's.

I don't even think electric window motors were available anymore, I know the console bank of switches wasn't

how can you own a car when parts aren't available anymore new?

Nice car but a mere shadow in the sun light of a 6.9!

Des

I was looking at this one on ebay this morning
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GMH-WB-HOLDEN-STATESMAN-CAPRICE-308-V8-EFI-EX-SHOW-CAR_W0QQitemZ250098501423QQcategoryZ135457QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think they have done a really good job with the retro motor, its still the 25 year old block with the top end, where it counts all modern setup.

With the amount of performance tuners around you could get one of these really hammering.

Mine had that same colour interior, big fat comfy seats, they are from an Opel Senator, great for a long distance drive.