News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

New to the W116 here check mine out!

Started by AirportBeater, 26 June 2008, 02:53 PM

AirportBeater

Its a total P.O.S.!!! But I just couldn't say no to those sexy taillights.   The air conditioning is no more, the cruise is no more, the exaust system is somewhat loud from under the car. I am considering taking it to a pipe shop. However, it runs and drives, its tagged insured and inspected, it doesn't leak, doesn't smoke, doesn't stall, and the transmission shifts fine.  The odometer broke where you see it in the picture, so I have no idea how many miles are really on it! I paid next to nothing for it. Its my airport beater. I keep it up at Statesville regional airport.

AirportBeater

P.S.   I did take it up the highway on its maiden voyage. I did about 25 miles at 75mph. It was fantastic! There is nothing quite like getting a new cheap car and letting her rip! Sunroof and windows open on the highway. This is surely a neat car!

13B

Welcome to the forum - you'll enjoy that car - is it a V8 or 6cyl?

Probably safer in a fender-bender than most of the other plastic-fantastic cars on the roads at the moment.

Ian.

450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K

koan

Quote from: AirportBeater on 26 June 2008, 02:53 PM

Its my airport beater. I keep it up at Statesville regional airport.

I don't understand.

Is the airport a convenient car park, or do you drive to the airport and commute by plane, or is the car at the work end of the flight, or ?

Enlighten me.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

macatron

Quote from: 13B on 26 June 2008, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the forum - you'll enjoy that car - is it a V8 or 6cyl?

I zoomed in on the photo of the back end and saw it's a 280 SE.  They cruise very nicely!

s class

And as we all know, Milan brown is THE w116 colour to have

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

AirportBeater

QuoteI don't understand.

Is the airport a convenient car park, or do you drive to the airport and commute by plane, or is the car at the work end of the flight, or ?

Enlighten me.

koan
I work as a flight instructor up here at the airport. I figured it would be nice to have a car up here as my primary mode of transportation is a motorcycle. :)

Hey guys i know a fella with a set of euro bumpers and euro headlights.  Is there alot of modification to get them on?

oscar

Hi AB, do a quick search for "euro bumpers".  There's been a couple of converts and you'll see what's involved.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

John Hubertz

OK now that you're hooked -

You have a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet parts car....

Here's some real brain food:

$1000 6.9 euro 80k but ratty:

Here was Max - $3000 beauty with 81000 actual:

Here were alternatives, both $3000....

VA 71000 miles

Oklahoma 101,000

Now, I know we were EVIL not to warn you off - but now that you have $10,000 in good parts, we must tell you it costs $40,000 to restore a $5000 116, so go buy a $3000 one and restore it using your PARTS CAR

John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]