News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

New Timber Parts!

Started by 116Benz, 03 September 2007, 07:45 AM

116Benz

With a big thank you to Styria and Parks, I have this stunning set of zebrano timber parts for the SEL. I hate to admit it, bt they are nearly to good for the car. However, as you can see they look brilliant! I wish the weekend would hurry up so I can install them
Thanks again guys!

gregdeklerk

Is it possible to install the strip, that runs the length of the dash under the vents, without taking the dash out? If yes, I can imagine it is a hell of a fidly job!!

116Benz

Im about to find out over the next few weekends  ::)

116Benz

It looks so glossy in real life, and so nicely finished. I couldnt be happier! ;D

Andrew280SEL

Very nice!!

I wish my center console piece looked that good, sadly it has some cracks near the window operating buttons.
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

116Benz

So did my original one, its sitting on the passenger floor, theres parts of the clear tint that cracked off (I kept them). Whatever the P.O spilt in the car it glued the window switches to the timber, they all fell apart in the process of removal.

116Benz

Caused a few F bombs to be dropped, thats for sure. I did score a really good set of second hand power window switches on ebay U.S for about $44, it looks like it was an iced coffee or something that spilt and kinda glued everything...the floor under the power window switch wiring was coated in the stuff...