News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

New Stainless Steel Euro Bumpers Now Available

Started by Squiggle Dog, 15 July 2020, 02:48 PM

sutekh

I assembled these yesterday and my impressions are still quite positive. I'll provide a few insights, but AMA.

• They do not include the support carriers or any of the brackets and shackles (black pieces in the pics). I had all of these pieces from my misadventures in buying used OE sets, but if you have US bumpers, know that you'll need additional parts.
  • They do come with the rubber impact strips and requisite stainless hardware.
    • The lock washers were junk, but I used everything else.
    • The rubber has molded ridges, is isn't perfectly round, and flares out on the sides as a result where it passes through the openings (visible in pics). I may see if I can source something different (I believe URO makes this.
  • For the most part, everything lined up and went together smoothly. The outer holes on the rear cover were slightly wider than the OE internal support, but only by a couple of MM and something 30sec of filing readily resolved.

Overall, I remain impressed with quality and finish. If you're looking to convert and unless someone local to you has an OE set in known excellent condition, I'd definitely buy these.

I did discover one rather annoying thing unrelated to the Tynda parts while assembling though. The OE bumper set I purchased last year came with two left-hand outer lateral shackles (see last pic) for the front. I need p/n "1168850640" if anyone has one they'd be willing to part with.