News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

New 6.9 purchase

Started by motec6.9, 15 April 2014, 07:06 AM

motec6.9

Hi guys in case you have not seen a M100 crank and piston conrod . Here is the crank from one I killed years ago going to have it powder coated to use for a letter box. Crank angle is 90 degrees to each journal.
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

motec6.9

Ok 560 Air Cleaner arrived today . I went over to Genie Started on pipes going to be balanced . The cross-plane crankshaft and resulting firing order on MB V8 engines (well, M116 and M117 at least and I assume M100 has the same firing order) mean that the best pairings are cylinders 1 & 3 and cylinders 2 & 4 on the right bank and cylinders 5 & 6 and cylinders 7 & 8 on the left bank. So we are doing this as it is optimal to making power last set were compromised. To fit drivers side some metal has been removed from the drivers side engine mount. See picture also attached is photo off design I am after fitted to M117 engine.

motec6.9

Ok not much to show yet but drivers side pipes are done with cylinders 1&3 , 2&4 paired down pipes to be added then to start on passenger side. After completion extractors are going to be ceramic coated.

motec6.9

Drivers side welded up with flanges welded on for 2 into 1 pipe to be added now for passenger side

motec6.9

Ok Drivers side is completed . Passenger side to do next then exhaust. Passenger side will be a lot quicker as there is more room .

motec6.9

Hi Mark you will be please to know Genie have decided to do extra dyno run . Will dyno car when extractors and exhaust are fitted . Then after throttle body is fitted

motec6.9

Hi guys while doing extractors steering damper was removed to allow better access while doing extractors . It was found that my steering damper was no longer of this world. So ordered new on this morning from MbSpares at $48 less than half price off ones I found on eBay.

motec6.9

Ok went up to Genie this afternoon down pipes on passenger side are done just need collector welded on the ceramic coated.

motec6.9

For those who may be concerned about radiated heat from my extractors they are being coated by this company in Perth http://www.cicceramic.com.au/coatings/exhaust-manifold-coatings

motec6.9

I got the phone call I have been waiting for this afternoon extractors are completed and have been sent of to be ceramic coated. Will post pictures of them completed before refitting to car. :)

oversize

This is very exciting!!  Are you gunna unveil her at Goodwood??   ;) 8) ;D
1979 6.9 #5541 (Red Bull)
1978 6.9 #4248 (Skye)
1979 6.9 #3686 (Moby Dick)
1978 6.9 #1776 (Dora)
1977 450SEL #7010 white -P
1975 450SEL #8414 gold -P

motec6.9

Hi Mark nice sentiment but I don't think so.  ;D

motec6.9

Ok some pictures off the exhaust up under the car x-pipe, expansion pipes or if you like small hot dogs and rear dual entry, exit muffler system is 2.5 inch all the way through. :)

motec6.9

Ok the news I have been waiting for . My extractors are back from CIC and will be fitted by Genie today . Genie said they will try and have car ready to run tomorrow morning for first dyno run.

motec6.9

Genie called at lunch time today extractors are back on the car and exhaust is finished. Will be doing dyno run Monday morning . Will film and post results. Then 92mm throttle body is being fitted before going back on the dyno.