News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Need eyes to check out a 280SE in Bunkerhill West Virginia, USA

Started by Stork, 19 February 2011, 06:15 PM

Stork

I know some of the members are outside the US but if you know someone I would appreciated it!
I have now gone MB crazy. I am looking at a 1979 280SE in brown (just like my 280S in brown, would like for my 280S to have a younger brother to play with!) It is located in Bunker Hill, WV. But I live in Florida is there anyone near by that can swing by to give this car a quick once over. Just trying to see what does not show in the pictures.
Any help?
Thanks,
Robert

thysonsacclaim

Robert,

You might try doing some investigation on the internet regarding the car if you can't find someone to go. Perhaps ask for the VIN # or see if they've ever belonged to a forum such as this? It could be a current or former member. It is a much smaller world than we think sometimes!

Papalangi

You might ask in the Vintage forum at peachparts.com.  I'm in Washington and while I don't mind a long drive, that's a bit long even for me.

Michael
'83 300SD, I'm back!  It's the son's new car (12/2020)
1976 450SEL, 116.033  Sold it to buy a '97 Crown Vic.  Made sense at the time.
1971 250C, 114.023
1976 280C
1970 250/8

1974450SEL

I live in Eastern Virginia and am a member of a local MBCA chapter here.  I am sure WV has a local chapter in that area and might be able to contact someone to look there.  Let me do some research.  If I had a road trip to make out west I'd check it out for you as well but WV is about 8 hours away from the Tidewater area here. 

1974450SEL

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/mercedes_benz-280se-cars367389294  I believe this is the one you are talking about?  This looks like a very nice condition and a 280SE with a manual, how cool is that!  Again, I'll find a POC if I can out in that area.