News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

My W116

Started by Ryan1980, 10 December 2007, 08:47 PM

Ryan1980

Finally found the one i wanted!

It's a 1974 450SE. I cant believe how good condition its in... NO rust! Still has original first aid kit/front speakers. Appears to have been very well looked after all its life. All electrics work, cant fault it mechanically, other than perhaps its idling too high when cold.
Central locking only works on the drivers door.

The previous owner has reciepts for a completely reconditioned head 40,000kms ago.

Originally i was looking for one in good mechanical condition that i could just paint in the colour i wanted ; I think im changing my mind tho, the paintwork on this is in too good condition!

Anyways it was 3000 bucks!

Can anyone explain to me how to post pictures so i can get your thoughts and opinions?

Ryan

alabbasi

Welcome and nice buy. To post pictures, you can upload them to Photobucket or Piccasaweb.google.com and the use the IMG tags around the URL.

Example

if you have a picture called IMGP0109.jpg
You upload it to a photo hosting site
The picture will now have a URL say http://www.w108.org/gallery/albums/AlAbbasi8069/IMGP0109.jpg
To view the picture in line, you would add img open tag between [] at the begining to open the tag and to close it you would add /img between []
so it would look like this "img"http://www.w108.org/gallery/albums/AlAbbasi8069/IMGP0109.jpg"/img" (except you would replace "" with [])
The end result:

If you click quote you will see the URL as it should be coded to generate the picture.

Good luck
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

Andrew280SEL

I can't wait for the pics Ryan. :)

We haven't seen a new car thread in a while, I'd imagine we are all getting withdrawal symptoms! :o ;)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

Ryan1980

ok thanks mate, hope this works...

alabbasi

906G, one of my favorite colours.
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

Andrew280SEL

You didn't disappoint Ryan, and you've done very well with your purchase. ;)

It looks absolutely pristine in the pics!! Lovely, I reckon such a nice example was easily worth the $$$. :)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'79 450SEL 6.9

116Benz

Very nice Ryan, Very Very nice! love it, great colour combo, and it looks really tidy.

Congrats!

Martin 280s

Beautiful car Ryan. Very elegant colour combo. A great pity though tht light interiors are a pain to keep clean....from my own experience!

Andrew280SEL

Hey Ryan, what's the red W116 in the background of one of the photos?

Couldn't help but notice the Commodore in the front too... ;)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'79 450SEL 6.9

116Benz

Quote from: Andrew280SEL on 11 December 2007, 04:32 AM
Hey Ryan, what's the red W116 in the background of one of the photos?

Couldn't help but notice the Commodore in the front too... ;)

And a Turbo Calais too boot, nice machine too.

THE450SEL6.9

It seems like a very nice example; however i would like to ask you why is the car running at 1500rpm (i'm assuming @idle)?

Ryan1980

hey guys thanks for the comments... yeah i have a vl calais turbo as well...

The other merc is a 1974 280SE which is unlicenced, has some rust and some problems mechanically... basically im wrecking it... going to start another thread on that.

As for the idle... I was going to start another thread on that as well. It does seem to idle at about 1500rpm when cold.
When it warms up its more like 600rpm.

I didnt think that was right...

WGB

Looks like a beautiful car Ryan.

That idle sounds correct and is what normally happens - high idle was needed for very cold climates but is not needed in Perth climes.

It can be reduced by putting a restrictor in the auxillary air valve but doesn't do any harm to leave alone.

Bill