News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

My Project W116

Started by socalsean, 13 February 2013, 02:02 PM

ZCarFan

How close do you think the mounts will be?  Wouldn't it be funny if they line right up?

socalsean

Quote from: ZCarFan on 30 April 2014, 05:22 PM
How close do you think the mounts will be?  Wouldn't it be funny if they line right up?

It would be awesomely funny if they lined right up. I'm not counting on it though. The universal hotrod mounts I have will work great. I'll just weld them on the car where ever they need to be and probably cut out the original cross member and weld a steel tube in its place.

The girlfriend's Jetta is finally alive again and out of the garage. My room mate is swapping a turbo engine into his Volvo 240 at the moment and then it will be the 116's turn to be in the garage. This project is taking a lot longer than I anticipated. Oh well.....that's how it always works out.

Pirublues

I have a 450sel with a 4.5, and if that motor ever blows I'll be going for a 5.3 auto or 1uz swap. I currently have a 1uz matted to a 350z 6sp sitting in the garage infront of my 116. Funny how like minded we are.  BTW if you find any other euro bumpers and lights in junk yards in socal let me know. I'll grab them or compensate you for picking them.
Good luck and I hope to see you around.

socalsean

The 1UZ crossed my mind when I was scoping the yards for the 2JZ. The transmission was the only thing holding me back. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on the transmission and the stock auto would have blown up with the amount of power I wanted to make (one of the reasons I ditched the 2JZ). Plus, the LSX engines have so much aftermarket support.

I live in Monterey now but if I run across any euro front end parts in norcal I'll grab them for you.

Pirublues

It's true the 1uz aftermarket support is almost non-existant. And no manual transmission naturally adapts to the motor. But it's very well built and sounds like sex. Cant beat the deal of a LSX motor though.