News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

My other car is.....? (Update-PIC)

Started by John Hubertz, 16 February 2006, 07:32 AM

inc13

My other car is Audi (R)S2 Avant,Turbo,4 wheel drive,6 speed manual gearbox,nearly all extras (exept leather),etc
Old engine pulled 420hp, 550 nm in dyno, new is not tested yet

Another car what i have is jaguar xj6 4,0 , 1990  ,fully equipped

Tomi

Quote from: alabbasi on 17 February 2006, 10:42 PM
71 Mercedes Benz 250CE - I have owned this car since I was 19.
                                     I want to bring this to the US and restore it.

Well that would be one of my dream cars, I would certainly restore such a classic car.

I also like the cat ( I mean the jaguar of course), my father has one of these and it is just so 'aristocratic'.

Nilo AMG

Interesting topic! Well, I have a 95 1.2 liter Renault Twingo as a daily driver! Small outside, very  large inside and returns 14km/l (7l/100km) in town! Great little car! I just love it!
      How do I attach the photo? Coulnd't figure it out!!

Regards

Nilo

oscar

Hi Nilo

From my understanding, you can't upload a photo directly to a post like you could before the forum update.  Now you have to have a web based album setup whereby the link of a photo is pasted between the (img) (img/) bits.  That link also has to be a clean link to the uploaded photo without frames, ads or artwork around the photo.  I tried a MSN album but any image link I pasted came up with the red cross ie no image.  I'm still looking at setting up one of these albums but until then you could always upload to the W116 gallery and link from there ....(I think).....

John how do you do it?
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Tomi

I just had to add these pics taken from a mercedes club meeting in Estonia -04
and my nice SL (but no W116's)

and the working horse, taken during a hunting trip

sorry for filling up the topic

editjunk

I would rather me and my family get hit in the W116 than pretty much anu other plastic coated car on the roads today. It's solid and that's just what you need to fend off these 4WD maniacs.

Nutz

Mercedes

71 250
72 280SE 4.5
74 450SEL
75 450SEL
76 450SE Euro
77 450SEL
78 280SEL
78 280E Euro
79 450SEL 6.9
80 280E Euro
80 280CE Euro
86 190E 2.3

BMW

85 635CSi
74 2002

michaeld

Well, I gues it's confession time.
My other car is a '94 Buick Skylark.  I thought it was ugly the day I bought it at a sale my credit union was having, and it has only grown more ugly with time.  It's actually been a pretty reliable car, however (can something be too ugly to die?).
I bought my 450 sel sight unseen from an ebay auction for 801.51.  I planned to do a few minor repairs as needed and then auction her on the slave block.  I didn't plan to keep her (there, I've said it!).  But then I started to fall in love.
At first it was easy to resist her charms.  She offered terrible gas mileage (I get about 13 mpg).  But as I drove it a couple of times, I started to really appreciate her.  I've always liked big V-8 cars (I bought the Skylark in a hurry when my '91 Lincoln Town Car was stolen).
So I thought, well, maybe I'll keep the MBz for awhile (you know, kind of like having a mistress on the side, only God doesn't mind so much if its just a second car). 
The bad mileage bothered me, yes, but I just enjoyed driving it so much that I started driving it more and more.  And I started to take it on longer and longer trips, which I swore I wouldn't do.
Now that I've had this Benz, I'm miserable if I drive the Skylark.  The engine is fine, but the struts aint so good, and I feel every bump in the road.  In the Benz, I swear I could drive OVER some cars and hardly notice the bump.
Now, like a mistress demanding I make an honest woman out of her (yes, you'd have thought I'd already exhausted that metaphor, wouldn't you?) I'm thinking of getting rid of my Skylark and keeping the 450 sel.  I hate the mpg, but I'm too addicted to the ride to go back.

I suppose 450se and I will just have to see you guys in your "mistresses" (okay, even I'm tired of the metaphor now!) and mutter, "Adulterers!" under our breath.  We're willing to look the other way and pretend we don't look down on your philandering ways, though. 

OzBenzHead

Quote from: John Hubertz on 17 February 2006, 08:35 PM
We'll send you Texas as a parking lot if you wish....but you have to take "W" Bush and WW Bush with it....  and not return either.

No limits on what we may do to them?  We have a huge, empty centre populated only by Drop Bears ...   ;D
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

alabbasi

I have had an interesting life with this car. I bought it as a total basket case and rust bucket. It came with a rear quarter made from news paper and spark plug packets. Once we removed the front wing, we found that the wing was attached to a plastic bucket as the inner wing was rusted through. I bought it back once and it looked pretty decent. I need to do it again as its been sitting for a very long time.

Quote from: Tomi on 18 February 2006, 11:42 AM
Quote from: alabbasi on 17 February 2006, 10:42 PM
71 Mercedes Benz 250CE - I have owned this car since I was 19.
                                     I want to bring this to the US and restore it.

Well that would be one of my dream cars, I would certainly restore such a classic car.

I also like the cat ( I mean the jaguar of course), my father has one of these and it is just so 'aristocratic'.

Here are some pictures taken back in 97.

With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

oscar

Al, nice coupe. I do like this coupe over a w123 type 280ce.  Anyway, now I can post pics (thanks John), here's our Ford territory.

Actually it's not ours but our car's exactly the same.
Actually it's not ours it's the wife's car and because it's hers I've never thought about taking a photo of it.  No doubt if it was an ML, I'd have loads of pics.
1973 350SE, my first & fave