News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

My New Green W116

Started by Green74280se, 22 February 2013, 02:38 PM

adamb

I love the colour and would love to own the 280 again. Preferably 1972 model, totally POVO. Btw it's not that povo is insulting but that it can be interpreted as derogative. Mmm I love popcorn!

ZCarFan

The green is nice.  I like the contrast between the conservative styling and the (sometimes) vivid colors.

W116-M117

Nice car, Green74!

Citrus gruen is one of the representative colors on the W116 (then in the W123, too). It' s unusual to see in Italy such a kind of color (large sedans, whatever brand, have a poor color spread: grey or blue. Sometimes black. No more. Since decades... :().

Living in Turin, I have the opportunity to see the next Maserati Quattroporte (just presented now), whose prototypes run in the highways around the city: well, also prototypes have grey/grey-brown colors, just one masked has a white paint (fashion color in the last years).

Green74280se

Thanks W116 - M117,

Yes, It seems to be an unusual colour anywhere!  :D

I haven't been able to drive it yet as I'm waiting for my special order number plates before registering again but I'm sure once she is out on the road she will get a lot of looks and comments!

I love the current lot of Maserati's....... Whatever colour they are and whether they have 2 or 4 doors!!! ;D..............  I dream of owning one , one day!

It must be great to live in Italy seeing all that exotic machinery driving around.