Garage > Test Drive

My new 450sel

(1/11) > >>

Flogrates:
Hi everyone!

After nearly years of looking and mind changes I picked up my first classic car over the weekend.

My grandmother just before I was born had a 6.9 in Brown and then when I was small had a blue and silver 560sel. Since I was small I wanted a w126 in blue but the w116 shape has always appealed immensely but are quite rare in my state. I randomly found this one in the next state over and got it shipped down.

It's in pretty good Nick for it ages but needs a few things. (This are the photos from the add LOL, havent even driven it to work yet)

It has a few issues, most of which I'll slowly address.

-head unit has a mind of its own? Works very occasionally
-bit oil smokey, possibly valve stems seals?
Paint is a bit average, some dodgy rust fix and some near bare metal in spots.
- sunroof is hard to close, will need a service
-doors are hard to open, I've lubed but they are still very sticky

Other than that, I'd like to get modern speakers and amp running off the Becker. No one seems to do the cables any more ?

- colour code the hub caps
- air lift 3p W/dolud struts
- the driving lights under Neath the front bumper
- general restore / refresh as needed.

I shall post some more photos later when I am not in my phone.

rumb:
Congratulation. Looks like a nice car.

The outside door handles are quite easy to remove and a good clean and grease will make them operate smoothly.

What do you mean by head unit?

Flogrates:

--- Quote from: rumb on 23 December 2020, 12:54 PM ---Congratulation. Looks like a nice car.

The outside door handles are quite easy to remove and a good clean and grease will make them operate smoothly.

What do you mean by head unit?

--- End quote ---
Argh yeah I'll attack that.

The radio. It's very intermittent. Seems to power on and off.

I need to remove it to fix the cassette tape so hopefully whatever the problem is is obvious

Nabstud:
Nice pickup. I saw it on Carsales, looked like a nice genuine car and priced right, knew it wouldn’t last long!!

karmann_20v:
Nice pick up! Lately I've noticed a few Milan Braun 116s on the FB groups and now this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version