Garage > Test Drive

My new 450sel

<< < (2/8) > >>

Flogrates:
Around all the Xmas stuff and trying to avoid work as harvest starts I managed to get some time to mostly sit and stare at the radio hoping it would fix it's self.

It turned out to be the Inline fuse holder being not very nice. I went and purchased a new one, then second guessed myself and used tap LOL

I then decided I am to lazy to get the tape working for a aux adapter so I ordered a Bluetooth dongle.

I did give the chrome a quick polish, it's in very good nick still.

I then started investigation on the rubbing noise, I was hoping it was something simple like low brake pads but alas. Life against me.

I did find both some Racey boy new rotors and incredibly hard to turn wheels. Possible wheel bearings needed soon.

It looks really really good underneath which was a relief lol. Only a leaky shock.

My search for the bad noises continue.

Flogrates:
Had a day on call, rather than at work. So as everyone does I went and blew some hard on things ranging from oil for this to scrabble.

Had the first proper drive today, doing about 60km all up and boy was it great. The trip also highlighted all the little things I need to fix up to get it to a what I guess you could call a modern standard.

Once I got home poorer and happier I gave it a quick oil change with Penrith 15/50w. I end up with some Racey race expensive one. I need to research properly for the next one as 160 dollar oil changes does not appeal.

I also jam some pull noodles into the seat to fix the sag. I did a half assed job to get me through till I can be bothered pulling the seat out (probably when I do sound system)

I also gave the shed a good clean while I was waiting on the oil to drawn which was the real win.

Flogrates:
Had a day on call, rather than at work. So as everyone does I went and blew some hard on things ranging from oil for this to scrabble.

Had the first proper drive today, doing about 60km all up and boy was it great. The trip also highlighted all the little things I need to fix up to get it to a what I guess you could call a modern standard.

Once I got home poorer and happier I gave it a quick oil change with Penrith 15/50w. I end up with some Racey race expensive one. I need to research properly for the next one as 160 dollar oil changes does not appeal.

I also jam some pull noodles into the seat to fix the sag. I did a half assed job to get me through till I can be bothered pulling the seat out (probably when I do sound system)

I also gave the shed a good clean while I was waiting on the oil to drawn which was the real win.

Flogrates:
Fingers crossed the oil change will help my smoke issue.

Randys01:
What a buzz for you.   ;D  Congratulations.!!  this looks like a well worn  but worn well unmolested example.
Not sure how you got conned into $160 bux for the required 8/9 litres of oil?.filters for these are cheap . IMHO you do better to buy  Castrol GTX 3? and replace it frequently.  This ole girl is going to have plenty of gunk in the system so frequent oil changes are the go..and it's ezy on these unlike the 6.9 which always turns into  mess.!
Not sure of the provenance of this car or KMs but after 40 years new valve stem seals do make a difference.

This project will keep you off the mainland for at least 5 years!! ;)  Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version