Garage > Test Drive

My new 450sel

<< < (5/8) > >>

Flogrates:
Hello everyone, long time no post.

I've been working 6/7 days a week and spending my free time setting my ute up for camping so I haven't touched the Merc in a long time.

But today that changed, I didn't take any photos till the end but I've been working on the clock, cruise control and air box.

Clock - this was super simple, I just banged some new caps on it and it's apoles now

Cc - this was a lot harder, and really tested me, I changed 2 caps but accidentally bridged a cap to a resistor and had a hell of time fixing my cock up. Hopefully the caps will fix it, if not my reading tells me it's likely the relays in which case I'll probably try and buy another one.

Air box
So I half assed this and paid for it. Didn't sand jr enough and accidentally bought a far to matte black.

I went back over what I'd done with a orbital, I rant out of sand paper and gave up, but I do actually have a photo of where I left it .

I need to get some 120 grit for the cracks, 240 for the orbital and locate some gloss heat paint for it.

UTn_boy:

--- Quote from: daantjie on 18 February 2021, 02:37 PM ---If you have Becker radio you should be able to adjust the sensitivity of the reception on the RHS knob.
To adjust clock you have both push the stalk in and turn at same time.

--- End quote ---

That feature is only on Grand Prix and Mexico.  The Europa, Europa II, Monza, AVUS, and Monte Carlo do not have this feature. 

Flogrates:

--- Quote from: UTn_boy on 16 May 2021, 08:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: daantjie on 18 February 2021, 02:37 PM ---If you have Becker radio you should be able to adjust the sensitivity of the reception on the RHS knob.
To adjust clock you have both push the stalk in and turn at same time.

--- End quote ---

That feature is only on Grand Prix and Mexico.  The Europa, Europa II, Monza, AVUS, and Monte Carlo do not have this feature.

--- End quote ---

I have a Mexico! I did try this but it didn't help so much, I have to investigate it further

Flogrates:
Hello, long time no post.

I got a bit side tracked with building my ute up and redoing my work shop. But I have this a its first wash (lol) and took it to the pub. Which obviously got me keen to pull it back apart and fix more stuff.

The key has never worked in the boot, or it turns out the passenger side door which leads me to think it's been re keyed at some point upon investigation.

So I quickly gave up that and pulled the aerial out to try and make it go down fully.

As you can see it's heavily corroded but the electronics are fine. Going to some how pull the bottom bearing out of its holder thingo re grease it and regrease everythingand it's going to magically work fine when I put it back together. In theory ?

floyd111:

--- Quote from: Flogrates on 16 January 2021, 10:37 PM ---Well, got a bit motivated today, so I went and got some led globes, tried and failed to fix my dimmer and did some painting that didn't turn out so well.

I also didn't get enough gloves LOL

See pictures for my average masking job.

--- End quote ---

Well done on the sprayjob! I know how finnecky that masking is. Tried and failed a lot myself. You could offer these refurbished bezels online!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version