My MB-W116 from Moscow, Russia, may be it is interesting for forum!

Started by Yura_Sv, 05 August 2017, 01:59 PM

Interesting?

yes
5 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Yura_Sv

Hi to everybody, I'm new visiter :) here and let me introduce my MB w116! I"m calling it "Japanese". So it is 280SE, that was buyed in Japan and delivered to me to Moscow in 2015. Auto has original options code 498, that means official delivering to Japan. The roof was painted silver color because first owner had such wish!
Also it has very good options list such as AT, air conditioning, all electric windows, tempomat, tachometer and others delicious things. ;),
The car drove just 141 000 km
Year off produce the car is 1977.
Wheels R15 and tires Continental 205/60/R15
And I like that w116 very much!!!
I"ll add photos from many russian classic-car events, where I and my "Japanese" were!
Sorry for my English!:)

marku

Welcome to the forum. Car looks good - glad to see that you have the chrome wheel arch trims which I have though not popular on the forum. Also see the chrome trim finishing off the C-pillar to separate the colour change.  I got from MB the trim for a W123 it fits perfectly and finishes off the trim line just right. See you changed to alloys from steel. Much prefer the steel with the painted hub caps . Any way welcome.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

Yura_Sv

Delibes

Beautiful looking car! I always get a chuckle out of the 'granny embroidery' found in Japanese Mercedes!
1977 W116 450SEL (033), 040 Black, Daily Driver, French lamps, curtains. #74845

Harv

1980 300SD
1983 240D
2000 E55 AMG
2002 G500

Yura_Sv

Yura_Sv

Quote from: Delibes on 12 August 2017, 11:33 AM
Beautiful looking car! I always get a chuckle out of the 'granny embroidery' found in Japanese Mercedes!
Yes! Like on GrandMa Vacations was!!!

floyd111

That fake lace covering is not just Japan, it is commonplace from the middle east, all the way up to Korea. My wild guess as to why.. Many, most, if not all of these countries are strongly family-based households, with the grandparents living in-house. Grandma is mostly the last one standing from the old generation, and she holds the family fortune till she kicks the bucket. Are the grandma's of Asia financing -and meddling in the choice of newly bought cars by their children's car interiors? ;D

Yura_Sv

Quote from: floyd111 on 14 August 2017, 07:14 PM
That fake lace covering is not just Japan, it is commonplace from the middle east, all the way up to Korea. My wild guess as to why.. Many, most, if not all of these countries are strongly family-based households, with the grandparents living in-house. Grandma is mostly the last one standing from the old generation, and she holds the family fortune till she kicks the bucket. Are the grandma's of Asia financing -and meddling in the choice of newly bought cars by their children's car interiors? ;D
I'm agree 100%

Yura_Sv

There were Olimpic Games on July, 1980 in USSR, do you remember that country? So Mersedes-Benz was the official sponsor of that games and delivered to USSR many cars to introduce such technics. There were police models of W116 in quantity 8-10 units, also were Binz models, w123  Long models for television servises and several trucks.

w116john

those old photos are pretty cool looking, different world,  your car is pretty cool as well with the older skinny door cards, well ware enjoy the 116

i bought a Japanese import Honda civic years ago that came with plenty lace doilies shows some level of respect and care i suppose.

john

Harv

Imagine how those police officers felt when they were handed the keys to W116 police cars in 1980.
1980 300SD
1983 240D
2000 E55 AMG
2002 G500

w116john

you can see from the last photo they were pretty pleased with themselves

marku

Wonder what happened to the all. MB take them all back when it was over?
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

adamb

Во! Не знал что московским ментам так повезло в 80-м. Интересно, что с этими машинами случилось. Юра, вы не в курсе?