Author Topic: My first W116 here at last  (Read 108615 times)

paraguaiano

• Enthusiast
  • W116 Enthusiast
Re: My first W116 here at last
« Reply #270 on: 11 May 2020, 12:31 AM »
thank you very much you are a great !!! I'm sorry, unfortunately I don't speak English, I'm doing a little bit, so if I understand correctly the tachometer of a 450, I have 350, it absolutely cannot go well with a 280, right? I asked you this because I found a tachometer of a 350 at a good price, I wanted to buy it, but if it doesn't go better, ok, thank you very much and if you need, I have others of anything in Italy, call me OK! thank you very much hug Pietro

gavin116

• Classic
  • 1979 450SE
« Reply #271 on: 11 May 2020, 12:55 AM »
Hi Peter

That is correct! As fas as I know, the I6 needs a specific tachometer, but you can get it from either a S-Class or a SL-Class vehicle. Someone with further knowledge will have to chime in here, but I think you have to use specific tachos for the various V8 models also, as they have different red line limits. And if you connect the feed directly from the coil the tachometer needle bounces and reads inaccurate. That is why it needs to be connected to the double pole connector on the fender (I know this from experience. :-\ )

I'm sure you will get there.

paraguaiano

• Enthusiast
  • W116 Enthusiast
« Reply #272 on: 11 May 2020, 01:56 AM »
ok! thank you grazie millle ciao un abbraccio grandeeeee

gavin116

• Classic
  • 1979 450SE
« Reply #273 on: 07 July 2020, 03:18 AM »
Coming of age

Another momentous day for Mrs White, as she has now officially become a historic vehicle. V5 registration document sent off to the DVLA, and the Post Office issued a Vehicle Tax receipt for 1 year at the cost of £0.00! I have and still will do a M.O.T. every year, as I figure that will be important to prove the vehicle is roadworthy should an insurance claim ever arise.

I just need to get the opportunity to use her now.
 ;)