News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

My biggest 6.9 adventure to date.

Started by Big_Richard, 30 December 2010, 01:18 AM

gf

Still looks like a new car, i guess when you get to a certian point the difference between new and showroom might not justify the the cost and labour, most people would not tell the difference in reagard to the chrome, Ive had the concept of getting everything mechanically sound and driving like new with my car. looks a little battleaxe in spots. but im sure  w116 cars are mechanically and financially the envy of any w140+ s class owner. a mechanic friend said with a modern mercedes treat it like bmw owners do, chuck it when it gets to 100 000km and get a new one again. :-X

Big_Richard

my 6.9 still gets referred to as a "piece of shit" by my work colleagues, which is water off a ducks back to me.

I say to them - show me one single example of an original 30 year old heap of shit (x y z popular brand of choice) that still starts let alone drives as well as my 6.9.

shuts em up instantly.  8)

koan

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 08 February 2011, 07:49 AM
I say to them - show me one single example of an original 30 year old heap of shit (x y z popular brand of choice) that still starts let alone drives as well as my 6.9.

What fine bits of engineering do your fellow workers drive?

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Big_Richard

Quote from: koan on 08 February 2011, 03:26 PM
Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 08 February 2011, 07:49 AM

What fine bits of engineering do your fellow workers drive?

koan

No one is actually serious, we all get along very well inside and outside of work, its all just a bit of healthy ribbing..  ::)

What makes things even more ludicrous - is we all drive exactly the same cars every day - ie, company cars. Atleast we all agree that they are complete and utter peices of shit.

gf

maybe theyre all mercedes engineers of a previous life and realised 8 years designing and the tilt adjust for the seat is in an impossible place! never understood how they botched that one! aside cant think too much that they missed- maybe centre lapsash seat belt too.