News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

My 450Se 1977 project

Started by Thegger, 27 September 2018, 04:18 AM

floyd111

Quote from: Thegger on 31 October 2018, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the info Floyd. Good to know 😊

Forgot to add.. There are many pics of such pennants on my "Layman" thread. MB Japan supplied them with a star on top. One version has a light built in the top.
It is unclear what exact star-versions were sold over the years, or how many MB Japan versions were issued at all. Also not sure whether there were ever specific W116 brackets. Seems they were mostly installed in R107 and W126, and always with star. The no-star versions are still on sale in japan for a variety of cars, same model for non-MB and MB, indicating a clear aftermarket model. The Star-version was found in 4 versions, 3 lengths and a lit-star version, and split in 2 versions with a spring at the bottom for extra play, or no-spring. There are at least 3 bracket-versions with all versions using  mixed chromed and galvanized parts, unlike the well-known MB Flag Pole's fully shiny finish. Considering the descriptions that went with the 26 pennants I bought, the star versions are pretty recognizable, and clearly 70's-80's.

Thegger

And you bought all you found ? Sounds expensive 😜 dont know if im gonna have my pole on the car. It looks so much netter on a mint show car than mine i think. No star either 😐
Thanks for a good answer to my flag pole mystery 😉

floyd111

well, they are expensive now! After buying all the affordable stock, only a handful I left behind, due to excessive pricing.
https://buyee.jp/item/search/query/mercedes%20parking%20pole?translationType=1&suggest=1
Still, good examples here.

Thegger

You gonna be rich now 😂

marku

That is expensive but they are not the 116 ones are they? Although the originals would be preferred they are not that different from the modern ones. As I said the modern S Class has them and a retrofitting kit. Must find out how much as I have always fancied the family crest fluttering on the front of the 450.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

rumb

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

floyd111

Quote from: Thegger on 01 November 2018, 04:50 AM
You gonna be rich now 😂

Well, I wouldn't have bought them all if they had been costly. Antiques and classics are seen as "used, second-hand, and are not popular in Asia. So, I was the only buyer in japan, by the looks of it, haha! Have checked back a few times the last years, but it really seems like I got the bulk of whatever was offered online, and no revival since.
Also, back then, Japan Buyee had combi-shipping from a central collecting spot, so many of these pennants were shipped together for economy.. There should be room for a re-chroming fee this way, without them getting too costly for the forum members.

Thegger

Anyone who can japanese?  :o

floyd111

Quote from: Thegger on 02 November 2018, 09:47 AM
Anyone who can japanese?  :o

foto 1 == automatic transmission import car

leaf clover is  MOT..

19-5 square green sticker. it s city-area access registration, ministry of transport issued

last one is "unleaded gas, courtesy of gov org dep. bla blah

Thegger

Thanks! MOT?  ::)
Ministry of transport i guess 😜

floyd111

DMV, yearly technical gov test.. MOT

Thegger

I have tried to wire my vacuum to this picture, with some modifications.

But the exhaust pressure transducer, the line in center wich goes to the exhaust. Does anyone know where this is supposed to go? My line is melted at the end and plugged because of the heat. That one is not working for sure.

daantjie

From memory on my 6.9 at least, there should be a metal hard line coming off the exhaust manifold, and then this connects to the pressure transducer with a silicone connector and vacuum line.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Thegger

Ok ill take another look. I have a metal line coming from both headers and wired to other lines. Thanks :)

floyd111

Do you need the EGR system in Norway? Do lots of people not simply delete it from the car?