News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Moved up to a 116

Started by lambrettaman, 02 February 2017, 08:12 PM

lambrettaman

A few months ago, my wife spied what she thought was a W123 sedan at a wrecking yard. It looked like it was in fine shape so she stopped for a look. It was in fact a W116, 1980 300SD. Paint almost flawless, no cracks on the dashboard, 240k miles. Only problem was that it wouldn't start. We had it towed to our indy and found out that it had overheated badly and the motor was toast. We negotiated a screaming deal on the car and found a donor 617 motor from a W123 locally.

What an amazing car Mercedes built. It is so much more than just a bigger W123. It is a dream to drive.

nostat

Very nice looking ride do you plan to make it a daily driver?

lambrettaman

Quote from: nostat on 02 February 2017, 08:24 PM
  Very nice looking ride do you plan to make it a daily driver?

If my wife will let me.  :) She found this one and has grown quite attached already.

nostat

It doesn't take much after driving it awhile. Maybe if you park it where she can't see it she'll forget about it then it will be all yours.

Scotty

Looks nice. I have a solution to your problem - keep buying more 116s!! There are many variants and colours so you'll not only be kept busy (and therefore out of trouble), but when you have enough of them you can start dealing, renting, buying up parts, renting big sheds......

Oh, hang on. I think that's MY dream........