News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Motec6.9 work so far

Started by motec6.9, 14 August 2011, 09:56 AM

motec6.9

Hi guys just though i would update and put everything in the 1 place. So far my car after its most recent trip to the dyno made 293.2 hp at the rear wheels cost of fitting new timing chain and adapting 100mm throttle body plus tune was just under $4000. Previous work cost just over $7100 to get the car running after some scum bag stole parts from the car >:( total last year spent was just over $17000 including buying Goldie2. I have an AMG copy front spoiler to be fitted when i get to paint the car which is were i am know working on i have decided i want to paint the car Black and will be using this workshop http://www.trikpaint.com.au/contact.htm .Wanting the finish to be something like this .I have also had machine work done to my original motor taking it to 7.8 litres crank shaft has been offset ground for use with after market rods and custom pistons heads have been ported and flowed and fitted with thiner valve stems cost for heads $3500 southside engines. Work carried out to my original motor has so far come in at about $10000 in machining and parts needs reassembly and fitting car is fitted with Alpine 1200watt sound system i have also fitted my NOS system when the manifold was modded to fit 100mm throttlebody. It is OZNOS fogger system ratted from 100 to 300hp depending on pills fitted this time i had seperate fuel lines and fuel pump fitted for NOS system for motor safety. I have bought new door seals tail light seals and bumper rubbers from Mb Spares in Canberra.
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

flutes

Black w116s look ace, as far as I'm concerned.

Does that little air intake really provide enough breathing for that motor?
Matt
1977 450SEL

nathan

you will certainly raise eyebrows down at Kwinana! ;)
just hope you didnt cut holes in your car for those ancient DDDrives (they still look cool though, got them in my gwagen).
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

motec6.9

Hi Foss at the moment the pod works but i am planning something else in the future the standard aircleaner does not clear the fuel lines of the efi system.Nathan dont worry no holes were cut into the parcel shelf i still have my original becker sound system and parcel shelf. The dd drive alpines are mounted on a mdf board parcel shelf and the front door cards are one's i bought from mbspares years ago originals still good as well ;D. Now i just need to recover from my birthday yesterday ::)

adamb

Did you have the exhaust custom made for your car? I'm sure there's a market for replacements. Mine is fine for now but I don't fancy shelling out on an OEM replacement in the future.

motec6.9

Hi Adamb yes the exhaust was custom made for my car the extractors were $2500 to make for the car .They are the second set i have had made for this car as the 1st set seems to have gone missing >:( with a workshop that i am still in legal discussions with >:( I have taken basic measurements of the extractors and it will be possible to make copies of them i will ask when i remove this motor to reinstall my original motor if people want copies made ;D

WGB

Great looking work.

Thanks for the pictures - AMG in black looks great.

Bill

motec6.9

Thanks Bill work has been going alot slower than i would like but seeing as i have been away from home with work for about 220 days in the last year in remote areas  ::)have to spread my time out on the home front :-[ to answer a queastion from earlier i dont know if the transmission will be ok but i am certian it will have problems when the big motor is complete. I bought an adaptor plate from http://www.big-toys.net/detail.cgi71.htm in 2002 i still have it cost $1250 at the time.

motec6.9

Hi guys just an update i have been in contact with Franz at bigtoys and he confirmed that he is willing to still make the adaptors to fit Turbo700 behind M-100 motor plus manuel conversions.He said he will work out a price and email me this weekend and has given permission to post price if anyone is interested in buying 1 ;D

motec6.9

Hi guys Franz at big-toys has replyed to my email the price for the kit after gst is $3000 here are some photos

1980sdga

TJ 450

I like the conversion kit... How does the shifter mechanism need to be modified, and what about the tailshaft, I wonder?

I would seriously consider this conversion if I had transmission problems in the future.

What about an overdrive unit? 8)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

motec6.9

Hi Tim tailshaft needs to be modified to fit turbo700 transmission plus other parts which Franz can provide for about another $1000. I allready have the adaptor bought when i was playing with NOS as i did not know how long the transmission would last. which while expensive is still cheaper that external overdrive unit as the only company to make them is http://www.gearvendors.com/ and they are over $4000. Tailshaft and other parts can be made for less in Perth  :)

motec6.9

motec6.9

Hi guys i have been speaking with my painter about the options i have with painting my car   The first 2 silvers are the same paint i will have to decide soon as to what colour to go still leaning towards black i was also shown a black metalic with a candy green over the top  ;D