News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

mercedes owners gazette revilla

Started by w116john, 29 April 2016, 06:06 AM

w116john

I was reading the owners gazette and saw a rare article on the w116 and thought I recognize that name Robert Revilla.

great to see w116 represented lovely story and pics, of the car and Clara enjoying them

well done

john

revilla

Thanks for the kind words John. 
Good to know it was published. I'm in a remote area now with no access to the magazine until next week. I wrote that article a LONG time ago in a moment of nostalgie for the era when our cars were launched.  I miss those days in my beloved home country seeing relatives and friends working on cars almost every weekend.  I had no idea then I would ended up driving W116s on a daily basis :) I had no idea first whether the magazine would publish it or not.  Curious to see the pics and if the editor made many changes to my original version before going to press

marku

Whether it is published or not seems to depend how much you are in favour. Wrote a piece a long time ago and MB even lent me a vehicle. Lot of effort went into it but as yet as far as I am aware it has never been published.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

revilla

Quote from: marku on 01 May 2016, 12:25 PM
Whether it is published or not seems to depend how much you are in favour.

Hi Marku,

In favour of?

marku

No not me  being in favour of anything but whether one is in favour with those that have the control over what is published.

revilla

ok I see. thanks.  true that the editor has the last word in deciding the content of the magazine.  In my case, I was simply factual about the story of my cars with no subjective content towards the magazine or their organization/club.  yes, I did express my preference regarding Mercedes 70's cars.  But that goes without saying, otherwise we wouldn't be part of this forum to begin with  ;)

Robert

marku

All history now but that and other things were the cause of me giving up the register and other club work. A long time ago but it still is a sore point.