News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Makes you wonder.....

Started by Des, 28 July 2006, 07:26 AM

Nutz

I don't feel so bad about how my bonnet is now .

s class

that is a very sad looking puppy.

That scoop speaks more about the owner than the car.  Want to take bets on what engine it has?  Doubt its a benz.

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

oscar

Hi Des,

I saw that car for sale over a year ago on carpoint or carsales.  It was pictured on concrete outside a garage.  Looked like in an industrial estate.  I wish I could remember more about it.  I have doubts whether it was just a regular 4.5L 450sel, and I don't think  it was even turboed, just a scoop.  I should send an email to the ebayer and just ask in case I start making things up.

That's right!! I remember now, it was a genuine AMG scoop!  ::)

1973 350SE, my first & fave

Denis

Methinks that that appendage is a periscope for the little green men sitting under the bonnet in their Doctor Who suits to decide if this world needs 6, 9 or 23 cylinders...

Seriously, that is an UFO or an Al-Quaida plot.

Call W...

Denis

Paris, France

NO, no Jacques, it does not require UN intervention...yet

Des

Quote from: s class on 28 July 2006, 08:41 AM
that is a very sad looking puppy.

That scoop speaks more about the owner than the car.  Want to take bets on what engine it has?  Doubt its a benz.

Yeah my guess is they ruined the car with a 350 chev or something along thoes lines....

michaeld

Quote from: Denis on 28 July 2006, 11:57 AM

NO, no Jacques, it does not require UN intervention...yet

Actually, there have been sixteen United Nations resolutions directed at this unholy bonnet, ranging from expressions of indignant outrage to demands that it be removed immediately.

But... you all know the terror that a U.N. resolution instills in the hearts of recipients, don't you?  It is funny; there is actually more respect and fear given to a group of old ladies who knock on your door and demand that you plant begonias in the front yard than there is for the most "respected" international organization in the world.  My fear is that the U.N. will only continue to pass gutless resolutions against this w116 bonnet without bothering to actually attempt to enforce any of them.

Maybe we should just bypass the United Nations and encourage this guy to trade his idiotic bonnet for the stock one on that lifted monstrosity that Nutz found (http://forum.w116.org/index.php/topic,680.0html).  We'd at least get one clean looking 116 out of that deal.
Mike

P.S. Denis, I'm sorry for playing off your U.N. line; I tried and tried, but I just couldn't help myself  ;D

Denis

Hey micheld

You are one hell of a diplomat. A UN resolution to swap teh UFO hood for the mexican foru-four terror's hood would at least set ONE thing straight...

Besides "Mexican Alien green men inside Mercedes Cherokee with periscope ...sighted" soudnds like a great headline for "The Sun" or the "National Enquirer" :P

Denis

Paris, France

michaeld

Quote from: Denis on 30 July 2006, 02:42 AM
Besides "Mexican Alien green men inside Mercedes Cherokee with periscope ...sighted" soudnds like a great headline for "The Sun" or the "National Enquirer" :P

Denis,

If I saw that title - along w/ a pic of that poor butchered monstrosity w116 - I would break a lifelong vow and actually buy one of those Snot Rags at the grocery store.

As for my diplomatic abilities....  I honed my skills at "The John Bolton Academy for Smiley-Face U.N. Diplomacy."  As I remember, our final exam question asked how many floors of the U.N. building could be lopped off without anyone noticing.

I for one would actually love to see the U.N. become a more effective organization.  A large part of the problem is the fact that any one of five nations can put the kibosh on pretty much anything they want to.  And of course, it is virtually impossible to have a "fair" distribution of power: do we assign clout on the basis of population, economic GDP, military power, etc., or some unholy complicated formula based on a number of factors?  Obviously, it's impossible to imagine the world being united over anything when there doesn't seem to be even one single country whose population agrees about anything...