News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

Magic carpet ride is back

Started by adamb, 10 March 2007, 04:14 PM

adamb

Spent 4 exhausting hours fitting 2 replacement front spheres to the 6.9 today. Went for a testdrive after and I can say that the ride is amazing. The speed bumps have ceased to exist. Where the car creaked and groaned before and jumped violently at the most innocuous pothole, now these have become barely noticeable. Looking forward to seeing what difference the rear and central sphere changes will make.

Danny Berry

Hate to use bad language, but as a former Citroen DS owner, I know what you mean.

adamb

A working suspension is quite nice. The 6.9 tightens up quite well when driven vigorously. You just got to get used to the body roll. But it only ever goes so far.

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 11 March 2007, 08:28 AM

when i got my car, it had 2 blown front cells, i proceeded to then blow the left rear after the car falling of one of those piece of crap factory jacks (thank god the wheel was on)

Actually mine fell off a 2-tonne hydraulic jack once due to uneven surface. The rear wheel was off. Now there's slight dent in the rear foot well. You wouldn't notice unless you tried to look there specifically. Life is too precious and I always double/triple ensure the lift before climbing under.