News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Kelly Slater's W116

Started by oscar, 31 May 2011, 07:35 AM

Big_Richard

I'd rather walk than drive bonos car  8)

1980sdga

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 01 June 2011, 09:48 AM
I'd rather walk than drive bonos car  8)

You don't like cowhide in your Benz  ;D

oscar

I think I'd prefer MB Tex.  Very cool though.  Googled a few links and one said it's got Bono's original 14,000 EURO sound system in it. Another site said GBP15k.  Either way, that second link/picture, I can't believe he couldn't afford air conditioning ::)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Type17

Quote from: oscar on 01 June 2011, 11:27 AM
...Either way, that second link/picture, I can't believe he couldn't afford air conditioning ::)

He didn't buy it new, and A/C in an Irish-market car (which this one is) would have been rarer than hen's teeth, so he wouldn't really have had a choice...
'76 350SE in Silver-Green

KenM

Ye gods, I had forgotten the bono atrocity, wonder how much that turkey ended up getting for that particular POS, saw the Kelly Slater car the other night and had a good laugh, some people will try anything it seems. I've

got a Sherrin footy signed by all the VFL captains of 1970, probably worth more than that car.

koan

I've got a Royal Wedding Charles and Dianna Coke bottle.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Big_Richard

I've got one of those prince Chuck 'n Di white & gold wedding bell bottles of (crap) whiskey. I don't think its worth anything at all.

KenM

I've also got an unopened can of coke from the Sarajevo winter olympics with the logo and everything printed on it, is that worth something? Maybe I should open an ebay store, or just offload some extraneous shit...

koan

Quote from: KenM on 03 June 2011, 06:03 AM
Maybe I should open an ebay store, or just offload some extraneous shit...

Thought about that but all too hard, take it down the tip.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

thysonsacclaim

I've got a roll of TP used by Sean Connery  ::) Surely must be worth some money, right?

Jest aside: Bono's car is psychedelic trippy cow hide. Not my thing. And ... the marker in the other car, would be coming off ASAP. I've been researching the title history of my vehicle to give me an idea of it's number of owners and history ... for fun though. I personally don't care if the Prince of Wales or Barack Obama owned it. It's still a car that drives, is 36-ish years old with all the issues and class of a car of its vintage.

I only see those things as being "worth more" in re the history. And in that case, if it is such a rare piece, I'd sell it to a museum or give it to 'em and write it off on my taxes as a "gift of extraordinary worth due to its history."

Squiggle Dog

I used to have a Volkswagen Beetle that was owned by Buzz Aldrin (one of the first men to walk on the moon--still had his name on the title). I thought that was neat.
Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+

Nutz

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 31 May 2011, 05:42 PM
Yep, I'd be cracking out the spray and wipe and cleaning all that crap off  ::)

really, it makes no difference to the value, unless it was a real celebrity that is..  ;D

I'd just pull the seats and other bits, and replace with normal parts. Put autographed bits in storage.

Big_Richard

my previous vehicle before i got into MB's was used as a VIP transport vehicle for the burswood entertainment center. It would of had celebrities international and local in it almost every day.

didn't make any difference to me - I still had the leather professionally cleaned and the drivers seat reupholstered.

1980sdga

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 03 June 2011, 05:39 PM
my previous vehicle before i got into MB's was used as a VIP transport vehicle for the burswood entertainment center. It would of had celebrities international and local in it almost every day.

didn't make any difference to me - I still had the leather professionally cleaned and the drivers seat reupholstered.

I hope you at least left the farts in the cushions...

;D

Big_Richard

being unperforated leather i dont think they could of gotten in there  8)