News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

I got married in my W116

Started by s class, 08 June 2006, 03:50 PM

s class

Digging up some old pics - posted these in the gallery.  They happen to be my best pics of my W116 because t was all waxed up and helps to disguise the blemishes in the paint.....

I was also fairly well cleaned up for the day...

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Des

Congratulations on the car and the lady may both give you many years of happiness.

oscar

This was a recent pic yes?  Congratulations. ;) 

My older sister was married in 1990 in my 350.  I should try and find those pics because I'm sure those are probably the best the car looked since new.  Come to think of it I could've had the 350 for my wedding in '97 but opted for mazdas 929 & 626 :P
1973 350SE, my first & fave

michaeld

Correct me if I'm wrong but...

It's not the man who drives his bride home in his 116 who is in trouble; it's the man who insists on having the honeymoon in his 116 who is bound to have marital issues!

Enjoyed the wedding pics!

Tomi

congrats, thats the best use of a W116: its really for high level festivities like this.

First I say that your wife is driving, no no its a RHD car, South Africa wasnt it, yes you are doing the driving.

best wishes, tomi

s class

No No! my wife doesn't get to drive my cars - that could lead to unhappiness in the marriage. 

I did insist that the car had to be used for the wedding, but I didin't insist on the honeymoon being in the car.  We went to Namibia on honeymoon and they have horrible gravel roads there so I left the 116 at home and hired a nasty little VW to bash over the roads. 

Speaking of the colour of my car, its DB930 which was never really a 116 colour.  Mine is one of the last 116's supplied after the introduction of the W126, and it was painted in the W126 colour DB930.  I like it - its a lot darker and more distinguished than the more common astral silver.

Big Richard - don't give up yet - if you don't tell the ladies how old the car is they may never guess.  Besides most people have no idea of the value of old Mercedes - I used to tell the ladies my 116 was a really expensive classic - of course I could afford a new s500, I just prefer this..... or some such story to that effect.  Think my wife was disappointed at the truth actually - she said - "its worth, like, nothing?"  Oh well. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Beautiful Pics, Ryan...and Tomi, like you said, this is what the W116 is really made for.

Quote from: Big Richard on 08 June 2006, 06:40 PM
But the likelihood of finding a woman my age that appreciates my taste in cars is going to be near on impossible. I'll just have to marry my W116 :P

I feel your pain, Big Richard...the ladies here in the US seem to go for Dad's W111, but my W116 doesn't draw the same reaction...though it might help if it wasn't white...(no offense to anyone on here with a white Benz, I just can't stand white as a car color)...

So if I married my W116, and I have trouble stopping the insurance company from declaring it a total loss, will that make me a 23-yr old widower?  :P ;)

Quote from: s class on 09 June 2006, 07:08 AM
Big Richard - don't give up yet - if you don't tell the ladies how old the car is they may never guess.  Besides most people have no idea of the value of old Mercedes - I used to tell the ladies my 116 was a really expensive classic - of course I could afford a new s500, I just prefer this..... or some such story to that effect.  Think my wife was disappointed at the truth actually - she said - "its worth, like, nothing?"  Oh well. 

Good point Ryan, when I was driving my '77 280SEL (before that fateful encounter with the VW) I had people who thought it was a 90s car...

Hey, your car's worth $7300 in prime condition according to NADA...I've just gotta convince an insurance company of this...